Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetermvp02

Should i try Evolence?

I recently tried Radiesse it wont last the same with Restylane neither last more then a week. Should i give Evolence a try or just giveup on fillers?

I recently tried Radiesse it wont last the same with Restylane neither last more then a week. Should i give Evolence a try or just giveup on fillers?

If you do try the evolence breeze and not the evolence. I might eventually try it, but we are getting ready to move soon and not sure if I have time or money. I guess your "bump" of radiesse is gone? Did your skin go through a flakey stage while it was disappearing? My skin has been dry it seems from it.

my skin is always dry from a chemical peel i did awhile back, even when i wash my face i can still rub dry skin off it will never stop idk what to do about that either, and yeah the bump is basically gone, looked good for 4 or 5 days though

also why would you do Evolence Breeze? its thinner and it will probably last not as long, i mean i understand if your a female because females have thinner skin, but my skin is really thick its gonna require something really thick

also seems like evolence would of been better then radiesse can last 12 monthes also in reviews its not so much about evolence not lasting as to the nodules and stuff it creates, i dont have to worry about those i dont think, alot of radiesse reviews say it doesnt last.

i thought when i saw my p surgeon that i would need evolence for deep rolling acne scars and had the same thoughts as you when he said evolence breeze. However evolence breeze being finer will give a more precise fill and is more than tough enough to fill acne scars. I think evolence is more for face contouring.

its a good idea to trust the opinion of a p surgeon who will have done hundreds of filler injections on what is best. assuming you have an honest, reputable and skilled one that is.

evolence breeze has lasted me 8 months so far. I won't be choosing another in the future, this one does me just fine.

i thought when i saw my p surgeon that i would need evolence for deep rolling acne scars and had the same thoughts as you when he said evolence breeze. However evolence breeze being finer will give a more precise fill and is more than tough enough to fill acne scars. I think evolence is more for face contouring.

its a good idea to trust the opinion of a p surgeon who will have done hundreds of filler injections on what is best. assuming you have an honest, reputable and skilled one that is.

evolence breeze has lasted me 8 months so far. I won't be choosing another in the future, this one does me just fine.

Rupurt

I'm curious how deep your deep rolling acne scars were. I tried perlane and restylane by two different drs - both times it donuted around my deep rolling type scars. My scars must be very bound down although they do pass the stretch test

scars would probably be 5mm to a 1cm width ways and about 3-4 mm deep - in depth terms, to the base of the dermis basically. and fibrotic. I think my doc packed in so much evolence breeze that it has forced them up no matter what and there is no donuting. Probably good injection technique.

However I too wish I had had subcision prior to get the best possible result. Most docs won't do subcision in advance of filler because they can't be bothered, they want to inject and go. My tactic is to wait out this evolence breeze, get a few subcisions. After my last subcision, book my filler appt for 2 weeks later. That then I think will be the best I can do for my acne scars in this lifetime and with present technology.

i just wanna get any filler to last a month thats all i ask, so far i cant even get one week, i inject each differently to see if i can get one to last longer and i overinject and there really is no swelling just a lump that goes away in a week no matter what filler i use i have this result.

scars would probably be 5mm to a 1cm width ways and about 3-4 mm deep - in depth terms, to the base of the dermis basically. and fibrotic. I think my doc packed in so much evolence breeze that it has forced them up no matter what and there is no donuting. Probably good injection technique.

However I too wish I had had subcision prior to get the best possible result. Most docs won't do subcision in advance of filler because they can't be bothered, they want to inject and go. My tactic is to wait out this evolence breeze, get a few subcisions. After my last subcision, book my filler appt for 2 weeks later. That then I think will be the best I can do for my acne scars in this lifetime and with present technology.

Rupert

Have you ever had subcision? Do you know if your dr does it and in what part of the country did you have your injections? Because you are correct it is hard to find someone who wants to do it. I did ask mine to do it and he half heartedly used the same needle he was injecting me with on the same day of the procedure. One reason probably is there is some risk with subcision - but a risk we are willing to take.

By the way do you know of any Drs that have experience dissolving restylane?

scars would probably be 5mm to a 1cm width ways and about 3-4 mm deep - in depth terms, to the base of the dermis basically. and fibrotic.

Rupert, are you sure that your scars are really that deep? 3-4 mm seems to be very deep to me.

How much improvement in depth did you get from the filler?

Btw: I had subcision and I am planning to have two more subcisions combined with a fractionated CO2 laser before using a filler. Can I be sure that there will be no donut effect after a couple of subcisions?

Have you ever had subcision? Do you know if your dr does it and in what part of the country did you have your injections? Because you are correct it is hard to find someone who wants to do it. I did ask mine to do it and he half heartedly used the same needle he was injecting me with on the same day of the procedure. One reason probably is there is some risk with subcision - but a risk we are willing to take.

By the way do you know of any Drs that have experience dissolving restylane?

I live in uk - subcision with dr chu down at hammersmith hospital in london. don't know anybody who gives injections of that enzyme the speeds up removal of hyaluronic acid.

scars would probably be 5mm to a 1cm width ways and about 3-4 mm deep - in depth terms, to the base of the dermis basically. and fibrotic.

Rupert, are you sure that your scars are really that deep? 3-4 mm seems to be very deep to me.

How much improvement in depth did you get from the filler?

Btw: I had subcision and I am planning to have two more subcisions combined with a fractionated CO2 laser before using a filler. Can I be sure that there will be no donut effect after a couple of subcisions?

a few years back i had a subcision and was told that me fibrotic scars were as deep as the base of the dermis. I asked how deep the dermis was there and was told 3-4 mm.

for fill - pretty much flat - some slightly depressed. don't forget though - i now have scars on the surface, admittedly they look less noticeable this way.

a few years back i had a subcision and was told that me fibrotic scars were as deep as the base of the dermis. I asked how deep the dermis was there and was told 3-4 mm.

Do you have the impression that subcision on the deeper scars helped reduzing their depth? For my deepest scars neither Fraxel nor subcision reduzed their depth significantly.

for fill - pretty much flat - some slightly depressed. don't forget though - i now have scars on the surface, admittedly they look less noticeable this way.

Did you try Fraxel or peelings to improve the surface structure of your scars?

I don't think you get much fill from a subcision. the scars tend to reattach back to where they came from. But, as we discussed, a useful procedure to say release tissue prior to a filler. which is what i should have done for best results.

i've not tried fraxel or peelings. I do though use a good exfoliator each day which improves my overall appearance. i would probably choose peelings over fraxel. fraxel seems very expensive for such modest gain. but i don't feel i need either at present!

Rupert, thank you.

How many scars do you have filled? Is there any practical limitation on how many scars can be filled?

DONT DO IT!

I had cosmoplast which is human collagen and does not require a TEST and had an allergic reaction. My scars were very light and now after two steriod injections to get of the reaction they are terrible. MUCH worse than before. I have been suicidal every day since. Go get some fat and stay away from fillers. Learn from me.

DONT DO IT!

I had cosmoplast which is human collagen and does not require a TEST and had an allergic reaction. My scars were very light and now after two steriod injections to get of the reaction they are terrible. MUCH worse than before. I have been suicidal every day since. Go get some fat and stay away from fillers. Learn from me.

sorry to hear of your experience. This is why I am a little scared of evolence, because even though there is not supposed to be an allergic reaction, I have read of more people having reactions to evolence than other fillers. I guess because it is collagen and not hyaluronic acid, also there is more cross linking which may affect it. I guess a spot test is crucial.

Rupert, thank you.

How many scars do you have filled? Is there any practical limitation on how many scars can be filled?

Hi Frax1

As far as I know there is NO limit as to how many scars can be filled. The only limit is your pocket book. The thing you should aim for is having the filler two weeks after your last subcision. I say two weeks just because that is what I've always heard. You cant have a filler too soon after subcision or you will still be swollen and the dr won't know where or how deep to inject. On the other hand you can't wait to long after subcision because your scars WILL tether back down and the filler will simply donut around your scars. Also make sure you get a proper subcision. I think proper subcision is forceful enough that you actually get black and blue. My guy said he was doing subcision and really did nothing at all therefore my filler donuted around my scar. Please let me know who did your subcision and or filler.

DONT DO IT!

sorry to hear of your experience. This is why I am a little scared of evolence, because even though there is not supposed to be an allergic reaction, I have read of more people having reactions to evolence than other fillers. I guess because it is collagen and not hyaluronic acid, also there is more cross linking which may affect it. I guess a spot test is crucial.

i did sensible thing and had spot test prior to evolence breeze and had no allergic reaction so proceeded. I was informed that evolence is very different to the old fashion collagens, in that the parts of the collagen molecule responsible for allergic reaction have been removed making an allergic reaction very unlikely.

As for your comment about the cross linking, it is cross linked with ribose. You won't have an allergic reaction to sugar, whereas the chemicals used to cross link the hyaluron fillers most certainly can and do cause allergic reaction in people (small incidence though). check out

cross-linked hyaluronic acid fillers - safety efficacy report - Sydney Coleman and Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation data commitee

for more info

I want to try what you pm'ed me about Rupert! I rememebr we had similar scarring I believe.