Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iRyRy

Tetracycline, Solugel, and Differin

Hey there!

I'm a 15 year old male with mild acne looking to clear it up early before it gets any worse. My skin is tanned and most of my acne is simply little red dots, nothing to bumpy.

Here is my Regimen:

Morning:

- 2 Tetracycline capsules (250mg ea.)

- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Detoxifying Facial Cleanser with Oxygen-Infused Formula

- Then I apply Solugel (4% BP) to affected areas on face

Night:

- 2 Tetracycline capsules (250mg ea.)

- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Detoxifying Facial Cleanser with Oxygen-Infused Formula

- Then I apply Differin (Topical) to affected areas on face

[NEW REGIMEN AT DAY 9!]

Day 3::|

No improvement. My skin seems a little irritated by the BP but I suppose it needs time to get used to it. I'm also thinking of using a moisturizer, so if you guys have any suggestions!...

Also, those of you who have used/are using Tetracycline please share your experiences!

Ill keep you guys updated frequently on how this is working for me.

Day 4: :angel:

The acne on the top part of my back seems to be fading away slowly. The redness of my facial acne has also improved. (Due to the Differin?) I also added Aloe Vera to my face before I went to sleep, and I think it helped with the dryness of my skin.

Day 5: :)

Wow, the redness of my acne has improved drastically. My skin is moderatly dry because of the tetra. It seems to be working. Ive started dippin my face is ice cold water when I get back from school, It seems to help alot with irritation, redness, and I guess it cleans off your sweat.

Every morning i'm using Olay Complete moisturizer SPF 15 Sensitive skin, it makes my skin really irritated and turns it red... Anyone else experience this?

Day 6::|

Acne still same old. Today I didn't put any moisturizer on, nothing really happened. I think the redness of my scars is slowly disapearing (maybe). I now put Aloe Vera gel all over my face when it feels dry and flaky!

Thanks! Just be prepared to use moisturizer every morning, atleast for me it makes my skin flaky (eww).

and good luck to you also :)

Day 7::D

I haven't gotten any new acne since beginning my treatment. I can see my acne getting somewhat better, some of the tiny pimples are almost completely gone. Skin is still very dry though. OH and for some reason when I didn't use my Clean and Clear cleanser this morning, when I put on my Olay Complete moisturizer it didn't sting or turn my skin red! Weird ehh?

Day 8::angel:

Today I had my last day of summer school!! So very happy about that. btw I didn't fail anything it's just an advancement course. Anyways, my face looks a little better then yesterday and less dry. Not cleansing right now cuz I hevent picked some up yet. Does anyone know any SIMPLE and very gentle cleanser?

Day 9::angel:

Today my skin looks great! It's much less flaky and my few pimples are getting pretty small.

I also got some new products! I got Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, Cetaphil Moisturizer, and L'Oreal OMBRELLE Face SPF 60.

I looked up the reviews for these items and saw that the cleanser had Great reviews, the Moisturizer had Bad/Decent reviews and the Sunscreen did not have any reviews... So i'm kinda scared to start using them but ima trooper.

Here is my NEW Regimen:

Morning:

• Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Solugel (4% Benzoyl Peroxyde)

Cetaphil Oil-Free moisturizer

L'Oreal Ombrelle SPF 60 (sometimes)

Night:

• Cetaphil Gentle cleanser

Differin (Topical)

Medication: 2 Tetracycline pills [=500mg] Twice Daily

Day 16::dance:

HEY!! I havent been posting for a while since ive been kinda busy. Anywho, I have had ALOT of improvement using this new regimen my skin hasn't felt dry or flaky since ive started it, it isn't irritated at all. I am seeing BIG improvements in my acne, still a while before I'm COMPLETELY clear but I'm On My Way!