Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blingblong

Got a few questions about Accutane

Hey everyone,

I just started my 4th month of Accutane, was off for about 2 weeks due to my doctor having a family emergency.

My dosage so far was, 40/70/70 and just started another month of 70.

So on to the questions:

So far in my treatment i have had two 2 week breaks. Does that effect the overall result?

My face has cleared up but my back is still a mess, has any one else faced a similar situation?

I have a lot of dark/brown spots on my face left over from acne, is it some thing to worry about?

Majority of the posts i have read on hear say that they went on a 6 month course, my doctor is planning for 5 months. Is this normal?

In my blood works my doctor told me that was a small traces of blood in my urine, was this normal for other people?

Thanks in advance.

I can't tell you how much this site has helped me :).

I am almost about to start my 4th month and my face has been the only part of my body that has cleared up completely. My derm said the spots left on my body will clear up a lot after the treatment is over. And I thought I would have a ton of scars! I am also doing a 5-month treatment as well.. Accutane is measured not by how many months you take it, but your body weight and dosage. You take up to a cumulative dosage whether it be 5 months or a year.

I don't think that having 2 week breaks in your course will be a big deal, seeing as how accutane stays in your system about that long even when you're not taking it anymore.