Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meagan59

sty/pimple on eyelid

hey guys, so i have a pimple on my eyelid. it may be called a sty or chalazion. Was wondering if any of you could help me find what foods might clear this up. I have had it for about 3 months now and it hurts. It won't go away! thanks so much. Drinking green tea seems to have helped 2% =(.

You know, I suffer from these also. I have one on my left eye, lower lid area. Pretty sure it'a a chalazion. That one's been there a very long time since I noticed it. But just recently I got one on my right upper eyelid. Seemed like a bug bite, but I am pretty sure it's the same thing. I started using style relief from Nelson's Homeopathic I think. Not sure if it is helping. I have tried warm compresses in the past, but they don't seem to help mine. Also a few years ago, I had one lanced, that's how I know what this is. But I don't have health insurance now, so I don't want to do that again. I hope someone can chime in and tell us what works for sure.......

I had a couple small Sty's on my eyelids, what I did was very persistent hot compresses three or more times a day. This involves putting hot water on a washcloth, wringing out the excess water and pressing it to the sty. Then as the cloth cools down, get some more hot water. This takes up to 10 minutes with each session. They were removed completely in a couple of weeks for me, and healed properly, but mine were medium sized.

Be careful of damaging your skin with prolonged exposure to hot water.

pmezak & anonymous.skin....thanks for your replies. I have actually tried the hot compresses on a consistent basis but don't seem to help me (I may have started too late for it to be effective). Will let you guys know if something I try will work though.

fyi, i've tried several things and one thing i did was try lime. That's the one thing that I regret trying so just warning anyone that it burns and is not very effective

I had a sty a few years ago from sharing makeup.. but im pretty sure my doctor told me to do a hot compress on it.. idk how often or anything. Talk to a doctor !

I got that recently as well, a few times. I used a tea bag, a regular kind of tea, and put it in a mug of water, then in the microwave for 1 minute. Took out the bag and put it right on my eye. I did it maybe 3 times in a day, and then the next if needed. It completely works! it drains the fluid right out of there. Aslo get rid of makeup you've used in the time of the sty. Or disinfect it in a glass of rubbing alcohol.

I got that recently as well, a few times. I used a tea bag, a regular kind of tea, and put it in a mug of water, then in the microwave for 1 minute. Took out the bag and put it right on my eye. I did it maybe 3 times in a day, and then the next if needed. It completely works! it drains the fluid right out of there. Aslo get rid of makeup you've used in the time of the sty. Or disinfect it in a glass of rubbing alcohol.

hmm, seems like you did it right when you got it. i wonder if it works for 2-3 month old ones.

hmm, seems like you did it right when you got it. i wonder if it works for 2-3 month old ones.

OK, today I will try the tea bag on my right eye. The stye/chalazion thing is on my top lid and I can see what looks like a small white bump right under the lashes....maybe the tea bag will pop it.

The stye relief drops I was using are by Similasan and I got it at Whole Foods....it makes it feel better, but it's still there....If the tea bag works, I am going to report back, thanks!

OK, today I will try the tea bag on my right eye. The stye/chalazion thing is on my top lid and I can see what looks like a small white bump right under the lashes....maybe the tea bag will pop it.

The stye relief drops I was using are by Similasan and I got it at Whole Foods....it makes it feel better, but it's still there....If the tea bag works, I am going to report back, thanks!

alright, i am also going to try this later today and will get back to you whether it was effective or not. let's hope this works!

wanted to update on the tea bag method. I've done 3 applications and can only tell a slight difference. Nothing major. Will continue for another 2 days and will update. Pmezak and any others trying this, how are you guys coming along?

wanted to update again: have done 9 applications. its becoming more white now. i believe its coming to a head. is this a good thing??

wanted to update again: have done 9 applications. its becoming more white now. i believe its coming to a head. is this a good thing??

HI! I wrote the tea bag remedy. I believe my stye was an infection, either caused by wearing makeup too often and perhaps my eye lash curler punctured my eyelid. I'd also like to add that I couldn't wait and i puntured the stye when there was a white head. To puncture it I used a disinfected sewing needle (I disinfected it with alcohol then fire), . Then drained the fluid using pressure and a tissue. The tea bag helped bring the fluid closer to the surface making it easier to drain out. I hope your problem isn't more serious than mine, otherwise you should go get it checked by a doctor. I don't recommend puncturing the stye. It could bring about a greater infection. Hope this is helpful.

HI! I wrote the tea bag remedy. I believe my stye was an infection, either caused by wearing makeup too often and perhaps my eye lash curler punctured my eyelid. I'd also like to add that I couldn't wait and i puntured the stye when there was a white head. To puncture it I used a disinfected sewing needle (I disinfected it with alcohol then fire), . Then drained the fluid using pressure and a tissue. The tea bag helped bring the fluid closer to the surface making it easier to drain out. I hope your problem isn't more serious than mine, otherwise you should go get it checked by a doctor. I don't recommend puncturing the stye. It could bring about a greater infection. Hope this is helpful.

yes, that helps thanks. since you don't recommend it, i wont do that. if i don't do that, should it gradually go away on its own since its almost a whitehead? thanks so much again!