Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletedaccount111

Finally cleared my bacne

I recently finished a five month moderate course of accutane, and in doing so have cleared up a pretty severe case of bacne.

I'm posting this here because prior to accutane, I was on this forum a lot looking for suggestions- none of which really worked for my case. I did loads of antibiotics, i tried (and failed) at the head and shoulders method, and i even gave that ridiculous "do nothing approach" a crack (fyi- bad idea if you have oily skin). Anyway, i know some people are fundamentally against it, but if you have severe back acne like i did, i think accutane is probably the way to go.

Edited by arthurkirkland

Congrats man! I'm on Accutane aswell. After how many months did you start to see noticable imporvement in the back acne?

I bet you are sooooo.... happy about acne on your back clearing up or is it gone? How did you get rid of it? Was it on your face too.

I bet you are sooooo.... happy about acne on your back clearing up or is it gone? How did you get rid of it? Was it on your face too.

Yeah, im definitely happy about it. It is gone, aside from some red marks that hopefully are on their way out. As far as how i got rid of it, i took accutane for five months (40 mg for 3 months, 60 for 2). Yes, it was on my face too, but since this is a body acne forum, I didn't mention that. If you are curious, I posted pics in a thread on the accutane forum, as well as in my gallery.