Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

Sheer light makeup that isn't too heavy but covers redness and scars

Hey everyone! I'm on accutane and i recently bought Almost Powder Makeup with SPF from Clinique. I really like it, but now that im entering month 3 (60mg, 40mg for the past 2months) my skin has been clearing up. It was moderate before. I still have some breakouts but not nearly as much as before. Thats why im looking into a Light powder (loose or pressed) that isn't too cakey or thick but provides enough coverage for my occasional red checks and chin (gotta love accutane) and of course the scars. I also want it to be something fast and easy.

Heres basically everything im looking for:

- Light powder, loose or pressed

- Possibly with SPF

- Hides redness and scars

- Fast and easy to apply (epsecially for dry skin)

- Possibly from Clinique so i stick with one brand.

- Something i can buy in store to get my color tested. When i used Everyday Minerals i could never find the right match!! drove me nuts. lol

Wow, i sound picky, haha. Any suggestions?? Especially if you use or have used the product.

**Something that is of course, good for acne prone skin!!!**

Speaking from personal experience, I used to use Rimmel powder foundation to try and cover up marks, but found that powder tends to come off after a few hours and if you have big pores, (like moi) it can accentuate them even more.

I've switched to a liquid foundation by maybelline, its the one with minerals and SPF 15. I would recommend considering a liquid foundation because it gives a more even coverage than powder. Also, it has a wide range of colours to choose from and lasts waaaaay longer than a powder. IE, my bottle has lasted the last 2 months, whereas if I used powder I'd end up getting a new one within 2 weeks because I had to keep reapplying it so much throughout the day.

Depending on how dark/deep your marks and scars are, its pretty hard to cover it completely with any makeup to be honest. But, liquid in my opinion would be a better option, because its more effective at given you an even skintone, rather than a patchy one that I tended to get after applying more powder on specific bad areas on my face!

Speaking from personal experience, I used to use Rimmel powder foundation to try and cover up marks, but found that powder tends to come off after a few hours and if you have big pores, (like moi) it can accentuate them even more.

I've switched to a liquid foundation by maybelline, its the one with minerals and SPF 15. I would recommend considering a liquid foundation because it gives a more even coverage than powder. Also, it has a wide range of colours to choose from and lasts waaaaay longer than a powder. IE, my bottle has lasted the last 2 months, whereas if I used powder I'd end up getting a new one within 2 weeks because I had to keep reapplying it so much throughout the day.

Depending on how dark/deep your marks and scars are, its pretty hard to cover it completely with any makeup to be honest. But, liquid in my opinion would be a better option, because its more effective at given you an even skintone, rather than a patchy one that I tended to get after applying more powder on specific bad areas on my face!

I have a couple deep marks but mainly red and uneven skin tone. And clinique almost powder is a powder, but its kinda heavy. for right now its great because im sitll breaking out but im being hopefully that further done the line the accutane will clear it up. When that happens i want to steer away from wearing makeup all the time, just a nice fast powder i can pop on when i feel self concious about my scars. Im still hesistant for liquids...

I have a couple deep marks but mainly red and uneven skin tone. And clinique almost powder is a powder, but its kinda heavy. for right now its great because im sitll breaking out but im being hopefully that further done the line the accutane will clear it up. When that happens i want to steer away from wearing makeup all the time, just a nice fast powder i can pop on when i feel self concious about my scars. Im still hesistant for liquids...

Don't worry, I had the same doubts when I first thought about using liquid foundation, which is why I stuck to powder for 2 years! But, a long as you buy one which won't clog pores and has some SPF in it to protect the skin even more during the day it shouldn't actually make your acne worse in the long term. You may experience bad breakouts when you switch, but then thats normal for any product you use because your skin is readjusting or purging from the transition. It gradually dies down, well thats whats happened to me anyway. I still get breakouts, but they aren't as severe as the ones I got from using powder. I guess it all depends on the type of acne and skin you have.

Don't worry, I had the same doubts when I first thought about using liquid foundation, which is why I stuck to powder for 2 years! But, a long as you buy one which won't clog pores and has some SPF in it to protect the skin even more during the day it shouldn't actually make your acne worse in the long term. You may experience bad breakouts when you switch, but then thats normal for any product you use because your skin is readjusting or purging from the transition. It gradually dies down, well thats whats happened to me anyway. I still get breakouts, but they aren't as severe as the ones I got from using powder. I guess it all depends on the type of acne and skin you have.

yeah im trying to firgure out right now if the almost powder makeup is breaking me out. Ive gotten four huge pastules or whatever on my forehead and one that looks like its coming. They r swollen and painful. Its either that or its another IB from my upped dosgae of accutane.

yeah im trying to firgure out right now if the almost powder makeup is breaking me out. Ive gotten four huge pastules or whatever on my forehead and one that looks like its coming. They r swollen and painful. Its either that or its another IB from my upped dosgae of accutane.

Its probably a bit of both really. You're gonna get a few purges on accutane before you clear and powder can clog pores or irritate your skin more when its extra sensitive while you're on this treatment? Make sure you wash your powder brush/pad every week because bacteria builds up on it and everytime you touch the powder you're transferring it to that as well! This is another pro of liquid foundation because its in a bottle, you're less likely to transfer bacteria to it. :)

Its probably a bit of both really. You're gonna get a few purges on accutane before you clear and powder can clog pores or irritate your skin more when its extra sensitive while you're on this treatment? Make sure you wash your powder brush/pad every week because bacteria builds up on it and everytime you touch the powder you're transferring it to that as well! This is another pro of liquid foundation because its in a bottle, you're less likely to transfer bacteria to it. :)

Okay the powder is not working..at all. Im really considering a liquid makeup now. Do you apply it with a brush?? I think ill do that. I still have to figure out what foundation im going to use. I basically have it down to: Lancome, Makeup For Ever HD, or Estee lauder. (not the doublewear)