Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1xito

Immediate help needed!

Alright so I posted 3 weeks ago saying that I needed to clear up my face quickly and it all looked like it was working until just yesterday. I woke up and I had had a terrible outburts of infected looking pimples so I started loading my face with BP to the point of flaky skin just to try and get rid of them and it doesn't seem to be working. The big problem is that my girlfriend comes in 3 days and I refuse to leave this house until I look moderatelly better. The second problem is that I move out of this country in 18 days so I have a limited time with her so I need to get rid of this acne URGENTLY! I'm currently living overseas and the only decent medication I can get for my acne is BP 10%...I am willing to do ANYTHING to get my face better. PLEASE help! :ninja:

bump bump bump...I really need help people =S. I just made a cocktail with BP 10%, antibiotic cream and face moistureizer so hopefull that'll help

Ok.. First of all just relax a bit.. U sound so stressed.. I can understand your situation.. This happens with me too.. But I think 3 days is very short time to get rid of your problem.. I read you are using 10% BP.. I think 2.5% BP has same effect as 10% BP but it is less irritating.. You don't want your skin to look irritated.. Also don't put too many things on your face at a time.. I don't think it will help you much.. Just try to clean your face with mild cleanser twice a day.. And apply any acne medication which you have used before.. Moisturize afterwords if needed.. Hope this helps!!

It does sound like you might be overdoing it with the BP. Nothing is going to work miracles in just 3 days, and you'll just end up irritating your skin if you do too much to it. Some people can tolerate 10% BP, but it usually takes time to get your skin adjusted to it to avoid excessive irritation and dryness. You don't have the time to do that, so I would agree with the above recommendation to step down the strength of the BP you are using. Try a 5% or 2.5%, once a day. It might help the spots start to dry out and will help kill the bacteria and possibly start to reduce any inflammation.

You also might try applying ice to the pimples. Wrap it in a paper towel or plastic baggie and hold it on the pimples for a few minutes at a time, 2-3 times a day. Ice can help reduce redness and inflammation. Just don't leave it on so long that it freezes your skin.

One additional thing you might try, provided you are not allergic, is to take an anti-inflammatory pain killer like ibuprofin or Aleve. It will help reduce inflammation as well.

Other than that, there really isn't much you can do to make pimples go away in just a few days. Acne treatments take weeks to start working, so there is only so much you can do in such a short time period.

It does sound like you might be overdoing it with the BP. Nothing is going to work miracles in just 3 days, and you'll just end up irritating your skin if you do too much to it. Some people can tolerate 10% BP, but it usually takes time to get your skin adjusted to it to avoid excessive irritation and dryness. You don't have the time to do that, so I would agree with the above recommendation to step down the strength of the BP you are using. Try a 5% or 2.5%, once a day. It might help the spots start to dry out and will help kill the bacteria and possibly start to reduce any inflammation.

You also might try applying ice to the pimples. Wrap it in a paper towel or plastic baggie and hold it on the pimples for a few minutes at a time, 2-3 times a day. Ice can help reduce redness and inflammation. Just don't leave it on so long that it freezes your skin.

One additional thing you might try, provided you are not allergic, is to take an anti-inflammatory pain killer like ibuprofin or Aleve. It will help reduce inflammation as well.

Other than that, there really isn't much you can do to make pimples go away in just a few days. Acne treatments take weeks to start working, so there is only so much you can do in such a short time period.

Well you see i've been doing this treatment 2 or 3 times a day for the past 3 weeks and it was going okay until I had this random breakout. I've popped a couple pimples that looked semi-mature and put anti-biotic cream on them so they don't get infected but I think I'll try some ice and see if I can get them to come down a little. Right now they are like red lumps so I'm guessing they are infected but I'm not really sure. I just don't have time to screw around cause only have like 12 days with her and then I won't ever see her again and we love each other but I really don't want to go see her looking like this. Argh this is stressful...I'm gonna keep going on my BP 10% 2-3 times a day and hopefully they well mildly disappear before I see her. I have 2 days =S.

Well you see i've been doing this treatment 2 or 3 times a day for the past 3 weeks and it was going okay until I had this random breakout. I've popped a couple pimples that looked semi-mature and put anti-biotic cream on them so they don't get infected but I think I'll try some ice and see if I can get them to come down a little. Right now they are like red lumps so I'm guessing they are infected but I'm not really sure. I just don't have time to screw around cause only have like 12 days with her and then I won't ever see her again and we love each other but I really don't want to go see her looking like this. Argh this is stressful...I'm gonna keep going on my BP 10% 2-3 times a day and hopefully they well mildly disappear before I see her. I have 2 days =S.

2-3 times 10%BP is way to much irratation for your skin. It can take just as long for your skin to produce a breakout from skin irratation, just as it does to clear it. I use 10%BP wash and i cut it down to once a day, now im taking a break from that cause was my skin was starting to stay red and more irratated, even while using moisturizer.

I think you should try some masks, like the mud ones, or you could try putting aspirin on pimples and let it stay on for about 20 minutes. Hope it helps, good luck!