Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihateacnex12425

Whiteheads.. turned evil

So past couple weeks of accutane my face was getting worse and worse. (Just finished week 5 today) Have been on 2x20mg daily so 40mg

But my problem is this: I will get a few new whiteheads a day on either neck, cheek, chin. Then about a day or 2 after they appear (without touching them or anything), i will wake up and they are much larger and inflamed.

Why is this happening. I am personally ok with just the whiteheads being there cause well, they are harder to see and not red at all. But 2 days later they are bright red and huge.

help?

That unfortunitly has happend to me for bout 2 month in the process. I actually broke out rly badly from the accutane. Im on my 4th month and its starting to work.. but i just had a RLY BAD breakout... (prolly bc i just got a new job and im stressed) but u just have to wait it all out. I know it is extremely hard (for me it was), but do not pick your pimples!!!! ur skin can tear rly easily now with the accutane and if u pick or pop, it can lead to rly bad red marks or scars!!!!!!! just wait until the heads eventually fall out in the shower when washign ur face or somthing. and GENTLY exfoliate after a shower or washing ur face with a washcloth or towel to breakdown the white crap front he whitehead. Dont be rough. Just slide it across smoothly. GOOD LUCK

That unfortunitly has happend to me for bout 2 month in the process. I actually broke out rly badly from the accutane. Im on my 4th month and its starting to work.. but i just had a RLY BAD breakout... (prolly bc i just got a new job and im stressed) but u just have to wait it all out. I know it is extremely hard (for me it was), but do not pick your pimples!!!! ur skin can tear rly easily now with the accutane and if u pick or pop, it can lead to rly bad red marks or scars!!!!!!! just wait until the heads eventually fall out in the shower when washign ur face or somthing. and GENTLY exfoliate after a shower or washing ur face with a washcloth or towel to breakdown the white crap front he whitehead. Dont be rough. Just slide it across smoothly. GOOD LUCK

I havent been popping whiteheads just so they do not become red and inflamed from doing so. Which is why I am getting discouraged with it because they do it over night on their own.

Monday- whitehead

Tuesday into wednesday- red and inflamed

(maybe i should add that this is only happening to the whiteheads on jaw/cheeks/neck. The whiteheads that show up on my forehead come and go without problem)