Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amy9

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Does anyone else here struggle with this? While my problem doesn't just involve my skin, it's one of my main concerns. One of the defining factors in diagnosing such a problem as this is the fact that the defects are perceived. I, like the rest of you, have an acne problem...however, it's just not as severe as I think and I shouldn't be so preoccupied with it to let it interfere with my life.

I spend a lot of time fretting over my skin...observing myself in every reflective surface (mirrors, windows, cutlery, etc.), thinking about my skin for most of the day and dreaming about it, spending all my money and more than I really have on products and supplements, constantly asking people about my skin and seeking complements...it's just a really time consuming and psychologically draining problem.

So I ask, does anyone else here understand what it's like to be completely consumed by a problem like this? It's nice to relate sometimes!

Ya i can relate, i'm in therapy for it n on meds too unfortunately.

You're not alone hun.