Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello,

i'm 27yrs old and have acne since 13. Mostly been blackheads on face but now i am getting them along with the big cysts on chest, back, shoulders, and neck. This sucks!!!! I won't even let my boyfriend of 4 mths give me a massage. I try to hide under clothes. It's keeping me from wearing what i want and keeping me from going swimming and other things i enjoy. its ruining my life!!!! It got bad after having my second child and i've tried everything. I just started accutane yesterday at 40 mg once a day. I am praying that this works for me and i can be myself again and finally be happy again. I woke up with a severe headache this morning and actually threw up. Not sure if from the accutane though. I just ate supper and took todays dose so hopefully no headache. I am probably going to be on for 4-5 mths. Next mth will prob be on 80 mg. Does anyone know if this works? Worked for you? any advice or good comments would be great....thanks:)

Hi LoveGoddess

I know how you feel i'm exactly the same, i can't go swimming because i have spots all on my back and chest and it's really got to me. I don't even feel right in public! :(

I'm starting Accutane next week!! Not as high of a doseage as you are taking though. I'm so hoping it will work :|

Good Luck on your course and just remember not to give up!!

I had very severe acne when I started, with nodules and cysts in addition to whiteheads and blackheads. I am 7 weeks in and SO HAPPY with the results! There is a still a ways to go, but I can tell you this definitely works.

One thing I have noticed is that people with severe acne actually seem happier with their results than those with mild/moderate acne. I think people with milder acne get very upset about the initial breakout and they get frustrated that their skin isn't perfect after a month or two. The thing to remember is that accutane takes time, possibly the entire length of your course, to show results.

My best advice to you is to find a dermatologist you trust. If your dr. doesn't answer your questions or acts like you're bothering him by asking questions... find a new doctor. :)

Accutane worked really well for me, just remember to have chapstick with you at all times and perhaps a small little thing of moisturizer. Hope it goes well for you.