Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So first off, this is what I have to say about Yaz. I have never been so appreciative of a birth control until I went off it (after my insurance ended when I was 22). I was on Yaz for 10 months and stopped taking it when my insurance expired...and let me tell you it was the most horrible experience I have ever had. About 2 months after being off it, my face began to break out like I had never imagined it could. I have always dealt with moderate acne, and when I was taking Yaz it was relatively clear, I wouldn't say 100% clear, but trust me it was much better than any other BC I had ever taken. It has been 2 weeks since my hormonal acne began since I have been off, and I finally gave in and went and purchased it w/o insurance ($75). Expensive! I am looking at getting insurance, though it takes a month for insurance to become effective. I realize that yaz will probably take a little while to work (maybe 1-2 months). Be patient, it is a good BC, but it is an expensive Birth control nonetheless. Also, I am looking into getting put on Accutane as well, that is once my insurance coverage begins. I believe that most of my acne is hormonal, so does anyone recommend Accutane for hormonal acne? Please let me know! I'm desperate at this point.

So first off, this is what I have to say about Yaz. I have never been so appreciative of a birth control until I went off it (after my insurance ended when I was 22). I was on Yaz for 10 months and stopped taking it when my insurance expired...and let me tell you it was the most horrible experience I have ever had. About 2 months after being off it, my face began to break out like I had never imagined it could. I have always dealt with moderate acne, and when I was taking Yaz it was relatively clear, I wouldn't say 100% clear, but trust me it was much better than any other BC I had ever taken. It has been 2 weeks since my hormonal acne began since I have been off, and I finally gave in and went and purchased it w/o insurance ($75). Expensive! I am looking at getting insurance, though it takes a month for insurance to become effective. I realize that yaz will probably take a little while to work (maybe 1-2 months). Be patient, it is a good BC, but it is an expensive Birth control nonetheless. Also, I am looking into getting put on Accutane as well, that is once my insurance coverage begins. I believe that most of my acne is hormonal, so does anyone recommend Accutane for hormonal acne? Please let me know! I'm desperate at this point.

Gahhhh, I'm so sorry for what has happened to you! I also had a similar experience, but it wasn't with BCP, it was with a hormonal "natural" pill, mixed in with Soy milk. HOLY crap, my face was awful. Still recovering from the red marks and others that just won't either heal or come to head? My hormones went crazy when I quit taking them. ANYWAY as far as I read Accutane will not help with hormonal acne, but I'm not a doctor nor have I taken Accutane. There are tons of members who can help, I just wanted to say sorry and I know how u're feeling. BTW, I'm on Yasmin and it's working so so. Not great yet! :redface: I want to add Spiro to it for hopefully, perfection results.