Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iRyRy

Am I being to harsh on my skin?

Hey there,

I am now taking 2 tetracycline pills in the mourning, and 2 before I go to bed. Also, in the mournings I first wash my face with ProActiv cleanser, then applying Solugel (4% Benzoyl Peroxide). at night I again wash my face with ProActiv cleanser and then apply Differin (Topical).

I am wondering if the combination of these products is to harsh for my skin. After the first 2 days of using this regimen i am experiencing readness and slight iritation of my acne (but isn't that supposed to happen when you use new products on your skin). One of my options is to replace the ProActiv cleanser with "Clean and Clear - Mourning Burst, Cleanser". Also, should I be using a moistourizer? If so wich one?

I would say that is quite an arsenal you got there.. How would you rate your acne? I guess you could start by throwing the proactiv cleanser far away, but I don't know about the clean and clear, and I don't bother searching right now sorry. As a lot of people probably will tell you on this board, you don't want to be using a cleanser with treatment. A cleanser is for cleaning, not for treating your skin. And there are several gentle cleansers such as cetaphil gentle cleanser, purpose something, dans cleanser and whatnot - I have only tried Dan's though.

A second improvement you could make is getting a 2,5% BP Gel instead, but it seems like you have a limited range of supplies so I guess the 4% will do.

Third improvement would be to drop the tetra - I know that sucks to hear but it is only temporary and you have chances of developing a folliculitis and/or having acne come back worse when you stop.

Other than that I guess your fine, even though I'm against treating your skin as much as you do. You will either use them forever or want to stop eventually and by then you'll wish you had stopped far back. But it's totally your decision, I wish you good luck :)

Please check your PM inbox.

Could you please move this post to the "Personnal Regimen" section, or delete it so that I can post it there? thanks.

Could you please move this post to the "Personnal Regimen" section, or delete it so that I can post it there? thanks.

Are you planning on using this as a log of your progress on your current regimen?

The Personal Regimen Logs section is for tracking your progress with whichever treatment you're on. It's not for just asking questions about your treatments.

Are you planning on using this as a log of your progress on your current regimen?

The Personal Regimen Logs section is for tracking your progress with whichever treatment you're on. It's not for just asking questions about your treatments.

What section is good for asking questions about my treatment then?

If you have questions about prescription medications, post them on the Prescription Acne Medications board, or whichever of the subforums in that board that the question would belong in.

If you have questions about over-the-counter medications, post them on the Over-The-Counter Acne Medications board.

Depending on the severity of your acne, you might want to post questions on the appropriate Acne Type board.

Basically, if you read the little blurbs under each board title, they'll tell you exactly what that board is for. Just keep in mind that any board that says 'logs' is for tracking progress, not for general questions.

Since you're asking about redness and whether or not your current regimen is too harsh in this thread, this board, the Rosacea And Facial Redness board, is an appropriate board for this thread.