Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihateacnex12425

clindamycin phosphate

Has anyone here used the clindamycin phosphate lotion 1%?

I did some research on it and there is something in it that could make you breakout. Was just wondering others experiences on it?

I was using the clindamycin solution, the dabber w/ alcohol in it, and it was to harsh and drying on my skin. Told my derm, she switched me to the lotion form and I got some type of red bumpy rash on my cheeks. Now I am on the clindamycin gel form and it seems to be easier on my skin.

My doctor recently prescribed me clindamycin phosphate lotion (1%). This is actually the 2nd time its been prescribed to me (once when i was 14 and now at 17). I have to say that the effects for me have been neutral. I haven't used it constantly for the past years, I would use it for a couple months and stop because I don't see any results. Like I would put it on twice a day and I just wake up with zero change in my face. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't reduce my acne, so yeah it did nothing to my face. =/

Although my doctor told me that it did work on her other patients somewhat. As for the breakouts, my doctor said you could get break outs from time to time, but the lotion should reduce it I guess...