Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caseyjane222

2nd course of accutane for mild acne?

Female - 24 yrs old. I was put on Accutane from August 2007 - January 2008. I had moderate/severe cystic acne prior - mostly on my cheeks and jawline. Accutane cleared me up wonderfully. My results were better than I could have imagined! Side effects were average and I had a pretty positive experience. But about a month ago I started breaking out again. The breakouts are a lot milder than before Accutane. Mostly just little whiteheads on the front of my face. No cysts. I would consider it 'mild' for the most part but they do leave little scars. Also my skin is also super oily again. I went to the dermatologist and she wants to put me on a 2nd course of Accutane. I had my blood tests done the other day and now i'm waiting for ipledge to kick in. Meanwhile, I was given samples of this topical called 'Epiduo' to get me through the next month and it's cleared me up! Now i'm a little confused as to what to do. Do I risk the side effects of Accutane again or just stick with the topical? I would like to go back on Accutane just because it's more of a permanent fix but i'm not sure how I feel about possibly having an IB that would result in new scarring...especially since i'm mostly clear right now and my scars from the previous course are completely gone. Can anyone give me their experience on a 2nd round of accutane? Is the IB just as bad as the first time? Should I stay on the topical and wait it out? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!