Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

REALLY??! God, i didnt know that, thanks for clearing that up for me, very helpful of you. I wondered why it didnt bleach the skin like it bleaches hair and clothes, but now i know its because theyre completely different things. I suppose when some of your hair bleach gets on your skin, it doesnt lighten it, because hair and skin are very different things, right? Glad to know you can rely on a site moderator for helpful information, thanks!

No need to be snarky. And, to be honest, I've bleached my hair several times, and that's never bleached my skin either.

I don't know if you've noticed, but BP doesn't bleach all clothes. It's never bleached any of my red shirts, or any of my shirts that are made of natural fibers with no dye. It's just an interaction between the BP and certain dyes. And since skin isn't dyed, it doesn't really get bleached.

BP can lighten skin for some people....Look at how pale Dan is.

Regardless....You should question putting something that bleaches clothing on your skin.

I don't care how effective it is at killing acne bacteria.

BP can lighten skin for some people....Look at how pale Dan is.

Regardless....You should question putting something that bleaches clothing on your skin.

I don't care how effective it is at killing acne bacteria.

Some people are just pale. I wouldn't go blaming the BP for that. I use BP and I'm pale, but I've always been pale--the BP has nothing to do with it.

I D0 believe BP does bleach skin.. I am a lighter skinned african american (although im golden and tanned right now thanks to this summer Sun LoL) i started using BP last August (08), by the end of October my skin was noticably lighter. Before you blame the winter months or lack of tan i will add that it was only on my face, it was pale and in photos it appeared as if i had put on a thin layer of powder, and i do not wear makeup, only moisturizer.. this is one of the reasons i stopped using BP on my whole face and now only use it as a spot treatment. Now idk if it was the BP itself that bleached my skin, or the rapid shedding of that layer of skin from the extreme flaking i experienced when i first started using it, but i know my skin got lighter. I have found that the Antibacterial Cetaphil & Olay Moisturizer actually do a decent job at controlling my acne w/o the BP by now, and i dont have to worry bout the sensitivity & peeling. My friends even noticed the lightening of my skin on my face so I do believe it bleaches skin when used as the regimen instructs.

P.S. Like you asked, What was also wierd to me was that it didnt fade the red marks or scars, but actually made them more noticeable, hope i helped =)

I D0 believe BP does bleach skin.. I am a lighter skinned african american (although im golden and tanned right now thanks to this summer Sun LoL) i started using BP last August (08), by the end of October my skin was noticably lighter. Before you blame the winter months or lack of tan i will add that it was only on my face, it was pale and in photos it appeared as if i had put on a thin layer of powder, and i do not wear makeup, only moisturizer.. this is one of the reasons i stopped using BP on my whole face and now only use it as a spot treatment. Now idk if it was the BP itself that bleached my skin, or the rapid shedding of that layer of skin from the extreme flaking i experienced when i first started using it, but i know my skin got lighter. I have found that the Antibacterial Cetaphil & Olay Moisturizer actually do a decent job at controlling my acne w/o the BP by now, and i dont have to worry bout the sensitivity & peeling. My friends even noticed the lightening of my skin on my face so I do believe it bleaches skin when used as the regimen instructs.

P.S. Like you asked, What was also wierd to me was that it didnt fade the red marks or scars, but actually made them more noticeable, hope i helped =)

Omg lol you jus said almost everything i was thinking.

I'm also a lighter skinned African American and at first it seemed like it was making my face lighter/paler too. Now I only use it as a spot treatment too, which gets rid of little things overnight.

Only thing I different with me is that it didn't make any marks or scars more noticeable, but I guess that's because I was able to get rid of them like completely...[i didn't know BP was supposed to help get rid of red marks and scars, just blemishes and things like that]

But yea I think BP does have a bit of a lightening effect on certain people's skins. It has changed the color of a couple of my shirts [which sucks but no biggy], but luckily not my hair though :]