Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RandomUsername01

Confused at the moment.

I've been clear for about 3 weeks officially, met my girlfriend the first week of being clear, and have been a lot happier.

History:

I'm 17 years old, 18 in September, fresh out of high school, taking summer classes at a community college.

I had moderate acne for about 4 and a half years and after graduation I found the regimen. I started it the day after graduation in a search to clear up and it took about 2 and a half weeks or so to clear up, it's been going great until about 4-5 days ago (graduation was may 29th).

Problem:

I broke out along my chin, my cheek and above the eyebrows and I'm not exactly sure why or how so here's my regimen:

Regimen:

Cleanse morning and night, same routine both times

Neutrogena- Extra Gentle Cleanser - two pumps (I shave with it as well)

Neutrogena- On the spot- full dosage (2 finger lengths or so)

Moisturizer - Olay Complete

Along with it I drink about 4-5 16 Fl Oz of water every day, take a multivitamin every morning, and take a prescription of Cephalexin (500 MG) 2 pills a day morning and night.

The only thing that's changed is I haven't been eating as much fruit as normal (it started the day after I wasn't eating it, coincidence?) I was eating about 2-3 Peaches or Apples a day, if that's relevant whatsoever.

If anyone has any feedback that'd be great, stressin :)

Hmmm. I wouldn't blame lack of fruit for an acne breakout. For me, when I stopped eating refined sugar I cleared up A LOT.

Dairy is also a problem for many people so you might want to try eliminating that as well.

Yea I don't have much dairy intake, in fact it's only in the morning when I eat cereal. As for sugars, I really don't eat a lot of sweet stuff. I stopped drinking pop over 2 years ago and I really don't eat a lot of candy or other crap.

Anyway, it's starting to calm down, got a zit right in between my eyebrows which in my opinion is the worst place, and on my nose but everywhere else seems to be healing OK, I hope it's back to clear soon. My parents are recommending me to a dermatologist (never been to one), so maybe that can get me some answers.