Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using dan's AHA at night for about 2 weeks, and it's going pretty well, but I was wondering if using it twice a day would give me any real benefits over continuing with once a day. I have some discoloration, red marks etc that I'm trying to fade and I would like to get there as quickly as possible. The AHA makes my skin feel pretty good too so I was thinking about using it twice a day, but wanted to check first to see if it's recommendable.

I wouldn't recommend it. It's pretty strong stuff, and there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing". It is possible over-exfoliate.

Dan himself only uses the AHA two or three times a week, so if you're already using it every night, you're using it more often than most. I really don't think that using it more often than you are now is going to give you any additional benefits. I'd actually be more concerned about it irritating your skin if you use it that often.

I wouldn't recommend it. It's pretty strong stuff, and there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing". It is possible over-exfoliate.

Dan himself only uses the AHA two or three times a week, so if you're already using it every night, you're using it more often than most. I really don't think that using it more often than you are now is going to give you any additional benefits. I'd actually be more concerned about it irritating your skin if you use it that often.

I agree. I started using it every night and my face hurt and broke out all over. I have decided to reduce application to 1 or 2 times a week and see what happens.

But it's OK to use Dan's AHA+ on the body twice a day, right? Dan's Backne and Body Acne regimens recommend that, I think.

If im starting my regeme this week.. can i tackle some of the initial purging, with AHA aswell? How do you put AHA on when you have BP on has also confused me, i guess you just do it?

If im starting my regeme this week.. can i tackle some of the initial purging, with AHA aswell? How do you put AHA on when you have BP on has also confused me, i guess you just do it?

Don't use AHA until you've been on The Regimen for at least a month. Your skin is going to need time to adjust to the BP you'll be using, and AHA is pretty strong stuff. Adding in the AHA before your skin is adjusted would be overly-irritating.

I wouldn't suggest putting AHA on twice a day, but once a day at night should be fine.

I tried applying AHA every night for a couple of weeks and it worked for me. I stopped though cause I burnt through the tube way too fast. xD

Lol I was about to make this topic asking the same question. Wow I feel like an idiot.

I've been on the regimen for about a year now.

Was able to get clear for a few months thanks to AHA. I used it everynight but then summer came so I starting having time to use it in the morning... Use it morning and night, two times a day for about a month now and I'm getting some serious acne. I read Dan say it's possible use it in the morning as long as you use a SPF so that's what I did.. People said use it just like a moisturizer so since I moisurize two times a day that's how I applied AHA. : (

I guess I should limit is to 2-4 times a week nightly right?

You guys should check out Dan's page about AHA+:

Alpha Hydroxy Acid - AHA

And here is his blog page that covers your questions on AHA (Q & A): AHA Dan's Blog Posts

Dan's covered pretty much everything you are asking about - on these pages.

Specifically - on the AHA Blog page - here is the link to a specific Daily Video Blog that Dan did - answering someone's question about using AHA+ once a day - and what he recommends: Spot Treatment Update/AHA

And here is the page that has Dan's "how to apply" AHA+ - so you know how much he uses and if you are maybe using too much?: How to Apply AHA

Don't be afraid to click links on Acne.org and do some re-reading (and researching) to refresh your memory on some of the Regimen details! I've been going through specifically Dan's Blog and Dan's Daily Video Blog (finding lots of stuff that I missed) where he has EVERYTHING indexed on the right and archived - and it's SO EASY to find answers to specific topics from there! That is where I go to first to find an answer - and if it's not clear - I come here as well!

Hope this helps!