Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
punch

BEATY SKIN OR ANT OTHER LAMP - ANY FDA OR MEDICAL BODY APPROVAL?

Hello guys! I recently wanted to order the beauty skin lamp, but before going through with it, I looked for any medical approval for the device. So I called up beauty skin UK, and they had tolled me that since the lamp isn't A medical device , and thus does not need medical approval .

Now I'm really scared - using this device without and medical body approving that it has no side affects? is there any lamp out there with approval?

and what do you guys think of this? Did you know your using a device that has no medical safety proof ?

The best treatments don't need/have FDA approval. I don't know why you have such confidence in the FDA they are very corrupt. Look for user reviews for the reliability of a product. I have never seen ANYONE have an adverse reaction to light therapy for acne. Just make sure you use the eye protection.

Agreed, even the very expensive, clinic-based blue light therapy devices that are used in medical spas and doctor's offices often do not have FDA approval. This is a technology that has been investigated and proved effective over 20 years ago.

The only thing I would caution you about is making sure that the blue light is actually within the correct wavelength spectrum to kill acne. The only proven band of light is 405-420nm and any light outside of this range would be useless. Further, light below 400nm is in the UV range and can be harmful in large doses. Make sure to check that the seller of the device shows you proof that the wavelength is both safe and effective.

The best treatments don't need/have FDA approval. I don't know why you have such confidence in the FDA they are very corrupt. Look for user reviews for the reliability of a product. I have never seen ANYONE have an adverse reaction to light therapy for acne. Just make sure you use the eye protection.

How can they use a medical device with no approval ?