Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Guys,

I'm suffering from ALOT of redness and redmarks. I'm one week into my 2nd course and wondering you guys would be kind enough to share your remedies, regimens, tips and advice towards this matter!

Thanks.

I discovered Aveeno ultra-calming lotion w/ spf15 and Aveeno ultra-calming foam wash about half way through my accutane course and it kept my tane burn under control. As far as the red marks and scarring...I didn't see much improvement until the end of my course and after I was off of the medication. But you WILL see improvement, just got to stick it out until the end. Good luck!

I discovered Aveeno ultra-calming lotion w/ spf15 and Aveeno ultra-calming foam wash about half way through my accutane course and it kept my tane burn under control. As far as the red marks and scarring...I didn't see much improvement until the end of my course and after I was off of the medication. But you WILL see improvement, just got to stick it out until the end. Good luck!

great advice. just actually had a meeting with my derm today and she said most of the red marks would be 100% gone a few months after the treatment. nothing to worry about, just wait it out!

another great moisturizer that i've had amazing results with has been Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream 2x daily. Good Luck!

I don't really have advice for the "burn" so to speak, as mine was bad and went away after a couple weeks. It started during the first week and I think it was like a week and a half of that before it faded into a flushed look that looks nice. So I would say give it time for the Tane burn.

As for red marks, I use olive oil at night as my moisturizer and a couple drops in my regular moisturizer in the morning as it not only hydrates but reduces red marks. Give it a try!