Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
themidnightsun156

how far off are we?

how far off are we from a cure to acne scars?

Scarring is a problem that has been solved.

What is scarring?

The scarring mechanism is the overexpression of collagen on the fibrils in the collagen, this overexpression then blocks the intercellular cells crawling through the micro pores to make the tissue.

Your unscarred skin has your fibrils slender and open all the time, that is: your fibrils are kept slender, meaning the pores your intercellular cells have to grow through, are constantly open, to allow the intercellular cell to grow through the pores.

If you inhibit the collagen over expressing in the fibrils you can have complete scar free healing.

There are proteins in ECM which keep the fibrils slender.

On a certain thread we have seen examples of scar free healing.

we have seen a ‘treated’ fetal tissue regenerate tissue without scarring but with pigment differences. (We have also seen cites in this thread that explain that when adult tissue is inserted into a wound in the embryo it produces a scar. However when untreated embryonic tissue is put on an adult wound, the adult wound does not scar.)

we have seen examples of scar free healing.

we have read up about experts who have seen scar free healing

we have read up on experts who now understand the microprocesses of scar free healing (they now know the alphabet backward if you like)

fetal tissue without scarring but with pigment differences? that doesn't sound good

This example was with 'treated' fetal tissue which through the fact it has been treated, would have denatured, but it would have beat the scar response you'd normally get in burns.

It would have also been slightly scarred but much less than a normal burn.

If you had never known of ECM, it would have been a positive landmark.

Honestly I don't think there ever will be a "cure". :shrug: Your skin was meant to do what it does, and it'll either repair itself or not.

Just my opinion :shy:

LOL. our scarring response evolved because in the past, if there was a bad wound. scarring was the fastest way to close up a wound and prevent further infection. In the modernized 21st century, we barely have a need for this.

that does make alot of sense. never thought of that, its just like fat people are in no need in the 21st century as well.

personally after reading alot of shit on the internet that scarless healing is already here, the ability to grow complex stuff like hands and legs is far away but I think before I die I'll see people growing arms. This may seem like magic but in my opinion so do cell phones.

Im still pessimistic despite all the news... Not saying that there is a conspiracy theory or anything. The testing phase alone of any treatment is probably gonna take at least a few years before it passes FDA, that is IF the treatment is successful now.

If only scar revision is as simple as injecting stem cells into the scars and see them disappear....

Im still pessimistic despite all the news... Not saying that there is a conspiracy theory or anything. The testing phase alone of any treatment is probably gonna take at least a few years before it passes FDA, that is IF the treatment is successful now.

If only scar revision is as simple as injecting stem cells into the scars and see them disappear....

i know scar less healing is here on new wounds from all the evidence I see on the internet. thats a fact.

Scarless healing is just not practical for acne sufferers, unless it comes in a DiY package. Do any of us really have the time to run to the nearest laboratory and stay there for like 1 week everytime we get a new pimple? The fact remains that for us, we consistently get new wounds that will require a lot of time commitment to heal w/o scars.

It's just way too Star Trek to be believed right now. I think people with acne scarring should try and achieve optimal results and then move on and worry about other things. Seriously, wouldn't 90% improvement be just as good as perfection?

If only scar revision is as simple as injecting stem cells into the scars and see them disappear..

i wonder if it was possible damm how much would it cost????? it suks deal with acne scarring!!!!

does everybody agree that stem cells is the only way to have scarless healing?

Stem cells is another way, but we already have the cure in a non-denatured ecm.

Conspiracies are based on theories. There is no theory here.

There is clear cut evidence that scar free healing is here.

You really shouldn't be treating your acne scars until you are free of active acne anyway, Vanyel.

I know. The fact remains that scarless healing is pretty much useless for acne sufferers, period. Simply because we have too many small wounds to realistically heal all of them without scars.

As such, I believe scarless healing is more suitable for scars resulting from surgeries or accidents, aka one off scarring, rather than for acne scarring thats all.

You really shouldn't be treating your acne scars until you are free of active acne anyway, Vanyel.

I know. The fact remains that scarless healing is pretty much useless for acne sufferers, period. Simply because we have too many small wounds to realistically heal all of them without scars.

As such, I believe scarless healing is more suitable for scars resulting from surgeries or accidents, aka one off scarring, rather than for acne scarring thats all.

Perhaps if the scarring is very bad, something like this would be more practical:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1820176...Pubmed_RVDocSum

I'm guessing you're talking about applying acell to fresh wounds. I can see how that would be impractical, if you had extensive scarring. But honestly, at this point we don't know how a doctor would utilize acell on acne scars or how potent the product is. It's still fairly new and honestly impractical does not mean impossible. Trust me, I had dermal grafts and it is a tedious process to work on each individual scar, but a skilled and caring doctor can do it. Besides, there are doctors utilizing stem cells to correct acne scars as well, so clearly there is more than one solution.

I'm guessing you're talking about applying acell to fresh wounds. I can see how that would be impractical, if you had extensive scarring. But honestly, at this point we don't know how a doctor would utilize acell on acne scars or how potent the product is. It's still fairly new and honestly impractical does not mean impossible. Trust me, I had dermal grafts and it is a tedious process to work on each individual scar, but a skilled and caring doctor can do it. Besides, there are doctors utilizing stem cells to correct acne scars as well, so clearly there is more than one solution.

For the use of chickenpox scarring acell seems useful make a excision and apply the powder, but for treating severe scarring you might have to combine acell (ecm) with maybe a deep laser treatment. the idea of cutting a big portion of skin isn't practical.

For the use of chickenpox scarring acell seems useful make a excision and apply the powder, but for treating severe scarring you might have to combine acell (ecm) with maybe a deep laser treatment. the idea of cutting a big portion of skin isn't practical.

Mohs surgery...

Mohs surgery...

what does that mean?

Mohs surgery...

what does that mean?

Micrographic Surgery

http://www.biomed.metu.edu.tr/courses/term...es/image061.gif

http://www.biomed.metu.edu.tr/courses/term...es/image062.gif

http://www.biomed.metu.edu.tr/courses/term...es/image063.gif