Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
themidnightsun156

how far off are we?

I don't think anybody "cures" any type of scar, be it acne or any other. The best that can currently be done is to dramatically improve the appearance to the point where they do not consume your life. I believe in Fraxel Re:pair, it is far from perfect, but it is the best thing I have found. I really want to see where 4 Re:pairs will take me.

how far off are we from a cure to acne scars?

We already have the cure to scarring. Its a non-denatured ecm. its just on the low profile.

Honestly I don't think there ever will be a "cure". :shrug: Your skin was meant to do what it does, and it'll either repair itself or not.

Just my opinion :shy:

Stem cells will be the cure for acne scars, just as they will be the cure for many other illnesses/conditions. The question is, how long will it take for researchers to properly control stem cells? We're probably 10 years away from anything consistent and practical.

Honestly I don't think there ever will be a "cure". :shrug: Your skin was meant to do what it does, and it'll either repair itself or not.

That makes no sense, no acne scar (indented) has ever repaired by itself on any human being

That makes no sense, no acne scar (indented) has ever repaired by itself on any human being

Do you have proof that this has never, ever happened in the entire history of mankind? : )

LOL. our scarring response evolved because in the past, if there was a bad wound. scarring was the fastest way to close up a wound and prevent further infection. In the modernized 21st century, we barely have a need for this.

LOL. our scarring response evolved because in the past, if there was a bad wound. scarring was the fastest way to close up a wound and prevent further infection. In the modernized 21st century, we barely have a need for this.

Do you have proof that this has never, ever happened in the entire history of mankind? : )

Yes i do as this isn't the way skin works, no scar has magically filled itself in.

Of course you are welcome to search for someone whom this has happened to, although you may be searching for a long time

Plastic surgeons always talk about improving or revising scars of any kind. The way medicine is advancing and now that we have the Neaderthal George Bush not blocking progress we may see many more startling advances. I am not a big fan of Oprah on medical matters but this is a good one.

http://www.oprah.com/media/20090305b_tows_...egenerate-video

I think you guys aren't getting what I meant. I mean, I honestly don't think you'll ever cure your scars. Your body does what it has to - and scars is like that. Sure, maybe you can fade them a bit, but that's not curing them. I just don't think chemicals are going to help your face when your skin is meant to repair itself and do what it does. I prefer the natural way :shrug:

I know it's not what you want to hear and I understand that probably upsets you. But if you can "cure" your scars - that's great. I just don't think that's possible from here.

I've read enough to believe that restoring scarred skin to a normal state is possible. Possible is the key word. The technology and science is there, but doctors are not willing to implement it. And there are no magic bullets. What works miracles for one person, may not work for another. But the possibility is there. I think those making baseless statements need to back off a bit and get off their high horse.

I think you guys aren't getting what I meant. I mean, I honestly don't think you'll ever cure your scars. Your body does what it has to - and scars is like that. Sure, maybe you can fade them a bit, but that's not curing them. I just don't think chemicals are going to help your face when your skin is meant to repair itself and do what it does. I prefer the natural way :shrug:

I know it's not what you want to hear and I understand that probably upsets you. But if you can "cure" your scars - that's great. I just don't think that's possible from here.

I wouldn't say that they can't be cured, they have been improved by up to 90% on some people, which i consider is alot more than just fading them a bit.

Also i don't think your in any position to say whether someone will cure their scars or not.

It depends on numerous things such as scar type, deepness, the type of treatments you receive etc.

L-yssa, did you check out that last link I posted? The advancements beng made in medicine are nothing short of a miracle. America lost 8 years because of that numbskull Bush. Young people are going to see incredible changes in their lifetimes. I believe scars will eventually be cured, and even burn victims will be made whole.

L-yssa, did you check out that last link I posted? The advancements beng made in medicine are not short of a miracle. America lost 8 years because of that numbskull Bush. Young people are going to see incredible changes in their lifetimes. I believe scars will eventually be cured, and even burn victims will be made whole.

I completely disagree. Finding a cure will never be truly supported by the medical community because it would cost them millions of dollars every year in lost income. Just like a cure for cancer would not be very good for business for these people. It's just not logical for them to 'cure' people for a one-time fee. That is why they won't support it. And that's why there can never be a cure.

L-yssa, did you check out that last link I posted? The advancements beng made in medicine are not short of a miracle. America lost 8 years because of that numbskull Bush. Young people are going to see incredible changes in their lifetimes. I believe scars will eventually be cured, and even burn victims will be made whole.

I completely disagree. Finding a cure will never be truly supported by the medical community because it would cost them millions of dollars every year in lost income. Just like a cure for cancer would not be very good for business for these people. It's just not logical for them to 'cure' people for a one-time fee. That is why they won't support it. And that's why there can never be a cure.

Here's where you are wrong and I think I can speak in a relatively educated fashion about this topic because it is my field of education/work. Most research is done by faculty at university biomed departments - usually PhD or MD/PhD; these people don't care about what is good business or for large corporations/medical community. All they concern themselves with is the shot at a lucrative patent and a potential nobel prize (truth!). There will be a cure for cancer one day relatively soon (probably via limiting oncologic angiogenesis) and there will be one day where most tissues will be healed from the inside out. There isn't a conspiracy out there preventing this from happening.

Yes i do as this isn't the way skin works, no scar has magically filled itself in.

Of course you are welcome to search for someone whom this has happened to, although you may be searching for a long time

Saying "that's just not the way things work" isn't proof. I have scars (albeit not from acne) that have filled in and evened out that are almost invisible unless you know exactly where to look. I'm just saying. I'm not saying that all scars will do this, or even that it's common. And I'm not saying that a scarred area will ever completely go back to it's original state. But it is possible for scars to significantly fade on their own.