Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey friends am 17 years old and i have a question when it comes to shaving becuase i think most of my acne comes from when im done shaving when i put aftershave first of all i shave before i take a shower am i suppose to shave during? is it better to?and also coud you use a cleanser as shaving cream?and could the after shave be giving me the acne thy are like red bumps then like the next day they turn into whiteheads.sorry for so many questions. :rolleyes:

I'd doing it either in the middle of showering, or near the end. That way the hair follicles are really soft and not rigid, making it easier to shave. And you don't have to shave over the area more than once, avoiding any more irritation. Use shaving cream. I thought I read it somewhere on here, but avoid shaving consecutive days, or something like that.

I shave before my shower but I make sure I splash my face with warm water and let the shaving cream sit for a little bit to soften up the hair but shaving during or after would also work. You can use a cleanser as a shaving cream but I find they don't work well. If the aftershave has a lot of alcohol or other irritating ingredients(which a lot do) then yes it could be breaking you, your razor could also be irritating your skin and breaking you out. I'de suggest stop using the aftershave and look for a twin blade razor and see how it works out for you. Also try to avoid shaving against the grain.