Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a note to vouch for the efficacy of the regimen. I re-started the regimen on 5/24 and for the past 10 days have had no new active acne. I've still got blackheads, and I just added in Paula's Choice BHA into the AM part of my regimen to deal with that, but I have pretty clear skin and I LOVE IT!!!

In the beginning, I was flaky, I was red, I was itchy, all that stuff. And yes, I still have some red marks and scars. But to just not have a face full of inflamed zits is a beautiful thing! Especially at age 26 ... :clap:

Congrats!, I love the moment you realize you are now clear, my moment was about 4 months ago.

I had alot of bright red marks, so much so that it looked like I still had an acne problem, but now mine have completely faded, and I truly believe it was my persistent application of SPF everyday which has helped this, so I was just about to suggest this, but I noticed you already have included it :)

Thanks guys!!

Yes, I am a regular SPF user ... I watched my red-haired, green-eyed, highly freckled friend from elementary school become a snow-white-like, fair skinned beauty just by using sunscreen every day. That did it for me!

I know that those of us who've lived with acne for a long time sometimes are hypercritical of our skin, and I'm no exception. I still notice the clogged pores on my nose and my blackheads and red marks, but compared to how I used to look ... it's just SO NICE to have NO ACTIVE ACNE!!!!

wow cass im really pleased to hear about your results. the paulas sa never really worked out for me .. but im continuing to use teh retin a and i guess im gettin better but im really glad you are clear as you have been struggling longer than i have. all the best.

Hi cassiopeia, congratz on clearing your acne! I've just start on regimen for about a week. I have got a couple of question to ask you! becoz i'm suffering!!!

I understand from the faq and many of fellow suffers here that we tend to have some itchiness when we just start regimen... but i have this SUPER Ultra explosive itchiness on which ever part i apply BP and AHA.... Please ... can you give me some advise based on your experience?

Its affecting my sleep every single night ever since i start regimen... its kind of affecting my life now...

to vonacid... just take it slow, i only started with less then a dime sized amount for the first week and washed it off an hour later. Now 2-3 weeks later my skin is basically clear. Acne dosent clear overnight, go easy on your skin

Hi cassiopeia, congratz on clearing your acne! I've just start on regimen for about a week. I have got a couple of question to ask you! becoz i'm suffering!!!

I understand from the faq and many of fellow suffers here that we tend to have some itchiness when we just start regimen... but i have this SUPER Ultra explosive itchiness on which ever part i apply BP and AHA.... Please ... can you give me some advise based on your experience?

Its affecting my sleep every single night ever since i start regimen... its kind of affecting my life now...

Vonacid, I replied to your PM (and said some of the same things as Brandy and C'est, which is don't use both AHA and BP at the same time!! It's too much for your skin!!) ... but then I saw you posted your regimen on here. IMO, you shouldn't be using a medicated cleanser. Dan says gentle for a reason, and I know it is hard and your face still feels oily after using a gentle cleanser, but when you use something harsher, it strips your skin of the oils and then your skin does the natural thing - produce more oil. So you see, you might be perpetuating the problem. It is going to be hard at first, yes, but if you stick with it, you should see some results.

Congrats on your success! That is awesome to hear!

I will post a picture as soon as I can figure out how ... do you have to have an internet photo album to do that? I've been meaning to join Flickr anyway, so now might be the time to do so. I'm not the most internet-savvy person (nonetheless, after 3+ years on the org, you'd think I'd have figured out how to do that, right? You would be wrong.)

My boyfriend took a picture of me the other day where I literally did a double-take when I saw it ... I'm not wearing makeup (I rarely do), but I had to go back and think if I was on that day, because I didn't recognize my own skin. Unfortunately I don't think I have many "before" photos because like most people with acne, I hid from the camera then, but I hope an "after" picture will do the trick!