Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I would like to start off saying that I suffered from light to somewhat moderate acne starting from August/September 2008 to now. I have came across this website from from January 2009 and have been using this as a successful resource, and I would like to contribute my story as a success for others to know, that there is hope. I will give basic information, not disclosing personal information however, that I am Asian ethnicity, male, 16 years of age (about to turn 17), and of light olive skin tone.

I started with the Proactiv System when I first started breaking out at the beginning of the school year. I found little success with this and eventually switched to Duac. Duac only had helped a little bit. As time went by, my dermatologist prescribed Tazorac (0.1% cream) and starting from here, I found success. As time went by, my breakouts occured less and less. However, I found that the primary problem I dealt with next is redmarks or hyperpigmentation problems left over.

When I was reading over the FAQs and various other solutions presented by members of this subforum, I decided to use chemical peels as a way to get rid of these marks. I started with Glycolic acid peel and Lactic acid peel (switching on and off) to see which one would help. They had both helped diminish little marks, sometimes recent ones, but they had not help with the old ones. When summer started, I started using 20% TCA peel and I would like to add that this is one of the greatest products I have ever used. The downtime was crappy, I must admit, but the effects were great. A lot of my recent hyperpigmentation problems have faded, and my old ones are almost as faded. I am extremely happy with this product and I will continue to use it.

The reason I am posting this is because for those of you who think that their skin will never get better, in the end it will always work out. If anyone have a question or comment, please let me know.

I do have a question about acne scars, though I do realize that this is on wrong forum, would Jessner's + TCA cobmo help this? I have about two shallow scars on my forehead and TCA isn't helping much...