Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lenny123

Found a great product for shine control

Hey guys.... this is my frist post so I apologize if it isn't very well put together.

Anyways, I just recently started using a product called OC-8. My acne has been under control for about a year now, (the occasional spot but nothing too serious). But, from my medcations (bp+clindamycin+prascion wash) my T-zone was starting to get very oily. I was frusturated because I neeeded to moisturize to control flakiness, but my skin was still super oily in my T-zone. I've used blotting sheets for about a year and they are kinda a pain and they don't work veryy well so I was looking for another solution. So I went to my derm for a follow up visit 3 weeks ago and he told me to try OC-8. It is a cream that is advertised to make skin matte for 8 hours and guess what..... IT ACTUALLY WORKED. I was very surprised becasue I was very skeptical. It also doesn't dry your skin out. Your skin feels hydrated, but doesnt appear oily or shiny. The next test was to see if it broke me out, and 3 weeks later I have not had 1 serious pimple from it. If anything, I'd say it helped my acne. I only use it one my nose, chin, and center forehead, and only a very small amount.

The one downside is it isn't cheap (about $40 for a tube) but I think it should last me for quite some time so overall it isn't too outrageous.

Just thought Id let u guys know. I've had great success with this product and I highly reccomend it.

So you just apply this after moisturizer/sunscreen? $40 is a lot for just 1.6 oz.

Yep. I just put on moisturizer and sunscreen if im gonna be outside, let that dry, and then apply OC-8. You only need to use a very little bit so it doesn't come out to be too ridiculousyly priced, although it certainly isn't cheap. Also, i don't think i mentioned I'm a guy and it works very well for me so all you guys out here struggling with this problem.... give this product a try.

have a tried a couple times since getting. it definitely helps absorb oil. but not that much.

have a tried a couple times since getting. it definitely helps absorb oil. but not that much.

Yeah I feel like this isnt really working. I really hoped it would but my skin seems to get just as shiny. I tried using it without a moisturizer and it had the same effect. I dont really know what else to try, I just dont think this works for me :(

I've tried it. It only worked a few hours for me, but heard for some others it lasted the whole day. If you are in the U.S. the best way to get it is through Amazon. Otherwise its only sold at certain locations/dermatologist offices. On the plus side, it didn't cause me to break out.

I got it online and I feel kind of stupid for wasting my money. Anyone know a better kind? I have heard people talk about smashbox and benefit Dr. feel good mattifying balm?

I got it online and I feel kind of stupid for wasting my money. Anyone know a better kind? I have heard people talk about smashbox and benefit Dr. feel good mattifying balm?

Found a way to make it work a LOT better. I used it once right after I got out of the shower and patted my face dry so it was still a little moist. It worked a lot longer than before.

Found a way to make it work a LOT better. I used it once right after I got out of the shower and patted my face dry so it was still a little moist. It worked a lot longer than before.

that's nice if you stay inside all the time, but what if you go outside? need sunscreen, for me anyways.

I found that it worked better after the shower but I guess if you use sunscreen you cant do that. I really should be using it to because of the differin...

Well recently I found that it works best the second time around so once it stops working in the morning, I blot my face then put it on again with the monistat antichafing jel on top. Its kept me matt for about 4 hours which is ridiculously good since my skin has been pretty awful ever since I stopped diane and started differin.

Trying milk of magnesium tomorrow. I'll let you know if its any better