Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolguy

Has anyone ever been in trouble for skipping class cus of acne?

not that i've been in trouble for it, but i'm curious...Has anyone ever been in trouble for skipping class cus of acne? (i think i've been close though. i'm in college and i skipped because i had the biggest cyst that i couldn't take it. i'm seriously not a person who skips classes though). like has the teacher noticed you've skipped class and from that moment on, he/she looks lowly about you? or tells you upfront to stop skipping class. or withdraws you from the class or doesn't help you at all?

what about from work calling in sick? did your manager ever found out you lied and what happened?

Same here and quite a lot sadly.

I still remember one day when I had a test (which means that I must be at school), I try to cover my huge cyst with concealer. When I was at class, all of my classmates and even the lecturer felt poor for me. They start discussing about my huge cyst. One girl even came to me and told me that, "Darling you know what, we are asking each other how come that you can have such a huge pimple". She burst out laughing then.

Worse still, I was the team leader of my school's Human Resource Challenge team, and on exactly that day, I was asked to take some photos so that the school can send and then post to HR magazine. I was posing with all of my efforts to hide that cyst. It was on the chin and for such reason, I tried with all stupid poses.

I still remember one day when I had a test (which means that I must be at school), I try to cover my huge cyst with concealer. When I was at class, all of my classmates and even the lecturer felt poor for me. They start discussing about my huge cyst. One girl even came to me and told me that, "Darling you know what, we are asking each other how come that you can have such a huge pimple". She burst out laughing then.

Oh my poor dear! :( not even my worst enemies deserve that kind of treatment from the people around them. It's one thing to notice it, but to hold a discussion about it? I'm sorry you had to go through it.

In other news, I've skipped some classes I take as hobbies because my face was horrible on that day. It doesn't make me feel good, but I think I'd feel worse with people making eye contact with my forehead instead of my eyes.

Same here and quite a lot sadly.

WUT TE FUK!!!!!!!!! how selfishly snobby can that piece of shit be. i hope her arrogance will eventually [or have] explode in her own face and suffer. or someone should teach her some manners. and ya i really hate photo days. back in grade 8 on that perfect day i had a huge cyst and it was photo day. and it's been posted in the yearbook unedited. so i can clearly see my huge cyst plus the year book's been copied to be distributed to EVERY SINGLE Student in the school and when i looked through the photos, i'm the only one with the cyst out of the whole school. i still have the yearbook and i have to live with this torment forever when i look back. i fukin hate how photographers don't give a crap about retouching photos. i'm sorry u have to go through acne as well. i just wish that i found out about accutane before highschool finished then i wouldn't have gone to the prom with the cyst. yes with a cyst again :'(. i wish i was never born. honestly. oh ya, i just learned that michael jackson used to have really bad acne, and he would hide in the dark, and not look in the mirror. poor him.

do you still have acne cheeky? if not, how did you heal? i'm 21 and i still haven't outgrown my acne :'(

yes i missed about 4-5 weeks once when I was at secondary school doing my GCSE's a few weeks before my exams, I did ok in the exams though but I could of done better if I didnt have acne on my mind all the time

I've never skipped because of acne, but I did several times throughout high school and the in-school suspensions always sucked.

sorry to hear about you people who have to skip class cus of acne and if not you've probably at least wanted to skip it so badly. god i wish there was a cure for acne. life would be just..... so incredibly MUCH MORE worth living. i wish everyone wouldn't have to suffer acne. if i could dissapear from this world (painlessly, and noone would even have a clue about my absence of existence forever) just to make everyone's acne dissapear, i'd do it. not saying i'm suicidal though. that's different.

I played hookie a lot in middle school, especially 7th grade. Middle school was when I started breaking out in cysts. I'm sure some teachers were on to me, that I skipped, and some teachers thought I was terminally ill. :X

Thank you all buddies. You guys are so sweet that I want to love all of you :-)))

Btw, my friend's not a bad person. She's just inconsiderate, which is totally understandable as she never has a pimple in her life :-)

the only trouble I had about skipping class was trying to catch up afterwards and trying to explain why I skipped so many times so I could get an extension. I became such a good liar over the years.

In high school I used to hide in public bathrooms during the school hours then go home, or I would just hop on bus after bus after bus not knowing where I was going then I went hoome. OMG thinking about it now I can't believe I actually used to hide in public bathrooms. Mercy :surprised: When my mum found out she called a psychiatric. Maybe she should've called an exorcist. :lol:

Man acnela and I had some fun times and we're still having more fun :wub:

One time i got this HUGE pimple right near my nostril..it was like spherical ahha. But it was devastating.. I had it for months and popped it, got worse, popped it again and eventually healed. I would always have my head a little down and my neck would hurt.. and yes i did skip school for a little when i was really upset. It was weird.. i got another and another a few months later. I have no idea what caused them.

i broke out the week before the 4th of july and called in to work sick for 3 days....and spent the 4th alone in my apartment. i didnt leave my house for 5 days straight. yay skin woo :dance:

No. And my acne is REAL BAD. I just suck it up. Skipping cause I know nothing is going on .. yup all the time .. planned skipping I call it.. just go for whats important..

~that must've sucked for you suzy. sorry to hear that. so far i've called in sick twice within the 3 years cus of acne. i bet you didn't have cystic acne for about 8 years though. i believe i started getting cystic acne in grade 8. and i'm 21 now and i still get them. when i go in public i see all these people with clear skin OR AT LEAST WITH MILD acne. EVEN the HOMELESS don't have acne. yayaya --__-- i know they don't have a home yet i do. i wish i could easily suck it up as you Gregor but when you're in college in a class full of people each with perfect skin, it makes me feel like i want to die.