Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vegangirl

After 2 years of severe acne, this is my story

I also don't agree with the way animals are treated in slaughter houses.

Not to mention how they are raised which is horrific for them and not good for us either. Or the environment.

I also don't agree with the way animals are treated in slaughter houses.

Not to mention how they are raised which is horrific for them and not good for us either. Or the environment.

yes to both.

the weekend before the blood test, I got really sick from drinking one too many (I usually don’t drink) and spent the majority of the day hunched over the toilet. When I was able to keep food down, all I ate was plain toast and drink warm water.

Considering I probably was technically poisoned, the next day, my face was noticeably clearer. OOOOOOOkkk. How is that even possible? I completely over-loaded my body with toxins and I look better. WTF.

IVe noticed the same thing happened with me and just recently i begun to try to explain this phenomena, i do believe now acne to be related to dysbiosis and bacteria creating excessive toxins, although it may be impossible to identfy this particular strain in our lifetimes as there are trillions of bacteria residing in the intestines, i believe the ethanol had killed of much of these bacteria, and the act of throwing up and fasting also starved these bacteria of there food supply, giving you clearer skin in the process be limiting the amount of toxins produced by these bacteria.

So the next day I resumed my normal diet except for one small change. I made my green smoothie out of a small amount of strawberries, blueberries and dandelion greens. No bananas, no dates. I only had it in the morning and ate a regular vegan dinner. No more fruit for the rest of the day.

bananas and dates have lots of sucrose, a preferred food for bad bacteria to turn into toxic products

DATES http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fruits-...t-juices/1882/2

bananas http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fruits-...t-juices/1846/2

i know a lot of inactive males why do you single out the women for?

I didn't single out women. (Although I will take a playful stab at them for being sensitive now :surprised:) Inactive women just need the least calories, that's simply why I made that choice.

I don't know if this is true because height, weight, metabolic rate, and pregnancy factor into how many calories an inactive person needs. So many inactive men need less calories than inactive women.

Raw veganism does not include eating grains unless they are sprouted. The foods that I find infammatory on a vegan diet are:

all grains

legumes

nuts

seeds

carrots

all fruits except tomato, lemon, and lime

vegetables with starch like potatoes and yams

I had worse breakouts from eating raw fruit and carrots than cooked grains.

i know a lot of inactive males why do you single out the women for?

I didn't single out women. (Although I will take a playful stab at them for being sensitive now :surprised:) Inactive women just need the least calories, that's simply why I made that choice.

I don't know if this is true because height, weight, metabolic rate, and pregnancy factor into how many calories an inactive person needs. So many inactive men need less calories than inactive women.

Raw veganism does not include eating grains unless they are sprouted. The foods that I find infammatory on a vegan diet are:

all grains

legumes

nuts

seeds

carrots

all fruits except tomato, lemon, and lime

vegetables with starch like potatoes and yams

I had worse breakouts from eating raw fruit and carrots than cooked grains.

Yams (aka Sweet Potatoes) are actually very anti-inflammatory. So are:

Flax seeds

Macadamian Nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, cashews

Pineapple, cantalope, avocado

carrots are also anti-inflammatory

I know there are a lot of websites that say different things about different foods. I try to get a variety of greens and vegetables, low-GI fruits, legumes, and small amounts of grains. And lots of extra virgin olive oil and turmeric.

(I get my info from nutritiondata.com)

UPDATE FROM ORIGINAL POST

I am now 100% positive my acne was caused by my diet. Even though I was eating extremely healthy, I still had terrible acne. As soon as I began a low-GI, anti-inflammatory diet, my skin began to drastically clear up.

My blood test came back and everything was excellent. My cholesterol was awesome; my hormones are all in check; protein, calcium, B12 all wonderful.

Last week I did stray a bit from my new dietary change. I was eating energy bars with sugar, peanut butter, and I was extra stressed out. I did start to break out again.

But starting last Thursday, I have been adhering to my diet pretty much 100%. Like a few weeks ago, my skin just drastically changed. I am clearer than I have been in months. Now, my acne was REALLY bad (all over my face, inflamed pores, cystic, comedones, really bad) so I am still recovering. So I am not 100% clear because of all the gross gunk stuck in my face. I also have a lot of terrible scarring, but that is something that will be addressed after my face is clear.

I am starting to keep a food diary just so I can tell if anything causes a flare-up. I will try to get a new pic of myself a long with some old ones just to show the change.

Another update! My progress with my face had slowed down a bit. It is a lot better than it was a month or so ago, but it is not where I want to be just yet. I was also plagued with the question of why my body is so inflammatory. What is the root cause?

I had a chnace meeting with a nutritionist/naturopath at a health store I go to (talk about divine intervention!). I met with him to see what suggestions he had. He did a lot of muscle-testing on me (it was really weird) and he believes that I have hypochlorhydria and severely depleted minerals in my body. He says that this is causing severe inflammation in my body (acne) as well as my sensitivity to sugar.

He gave me a list of certain vitamins and mineral supplements that I should take (methyl B12, folinic acid, calcium, trace minerals, NAC, pathethene, etc). He also wants me to take digestive enzyme tablets everytime I eat.

He also suggested eating meat, but I compromised with organic raw milk and organic eggs instead. I'm not too happy about that, but I also want to get better. Eating eggs make my teeth feel funny, so I don't know if I will be continuing those. Raw milk is pretty awesome. I'm lactose-intolerant, but I can drink raw milk without a problem.

He also told me to stop eating unsprouted nuts, seeds, and grains and all unfermented soy due to their high phytate content. Phytate binds to minerals and can block mineral absorbion.

As soon as I started taking the supplements he suggested, my skin is back to clearing up. It's been about 4 days on the supplements and I have already gotten complements from other people about my skin. It is probably about 70-75% clear now and people say I am 'glowing'.

The naturopath says I should have drastic improvement in only a few weeks. This might not clear me completely if there is another underlying cause, but I should have improvement. This is very encouraging because most doctors are always telling me to try something for months before I see results.

I'm still trying to adhere to my anti-inflammatory diet with the addition of raw milk, ghee, chia seeds, coconut kefir, hemp seed butter, and ezekiel bread. I also feel a lot better as well. I feel more energetic but calm at the same time. I know a lot of these new foods aren't anti-inflammatory and raw milk contains a lot of sugar! But my face is improving and I'm trying to concentrate on eating nutrient-dense foods.

Guest veganwithacne

Vegangirl-

I am sorry that when you were a vegan you felt ashamed to say so. I hear this often from new vegans. I do myself still get comments from people, but it has never bothered me.

I myself was an ovo-vegetarian for years before becoming vegan--- please only buy non-battery eggs.

However I hate to break it to you that there is not a more humane version of milk, as all milk supports the veal industry as cows must be impregnated frequently in order to lactate.

I am assuming that you became vegan which is a lifestyle and not a diet because you are a compassionate person. Thought you might like to know that you are not alone in being a vegan and having acne. I personally couldn't break my veganism for vanity.

Vegangirl-

I am sorry that when you were a vegan you felt ashamed to say so. I hear this often from new vegans. I do myself still get comments from people, but it has never bothered me.

I myself was an ovo-vegetarian for years before becoming vegan--- please only buy non-battery eggs.

However I hate to break it to you that there is not a more humane version of milk, as all milk supports the veal industry as cows must be impregnated frequently in order to lactate.

I am assuming that you became vegan which is a lifestyle and not a diet because you are a compassionate person. Thought you might like to know that you are not alone in being a vegan and having acne. I personally couldn't break my veganism for vanity.

I am not ashamed that I am a vegan (or was for the time being). It really bothered me the way people would roll their eyes when I would tell them about it. Maybe it is just the area that I live in. Even my own family doesn't support me!

I'm glad that you are able to not give up your lifestyle for your acne. If I only had a few breakouts I would have no problem keeping to the vegan lifestyle. Unfortunately, my acne was very severe. I have not seen anyone with it as bad as mine. I'm not trying to justify cruelty to animals for my vanity, but something is very wrong with my skin and my health. It was a very tough decision to make on my part but I have made the choice to allow raw milk and eggs in my diet temporarily. As soon as I build up my digestive and immune system and mineral reserves, I will eliminate these foods from my diet and hopefully I will not experience the same issues.

Guest veganwithacne
Vegangirl-

I am not ashamed that I am a vegan (or was for the time being). It really bothered me the way people would roll their eyes when I would tell them about it. Maybe it is just the area that I live in. Even my own family doesn't support me!

I'm glad that you are able to not give up your lifestyle for your acne. If I only had a few breakouts I would have no problem keeping to the vegan lifestyle. Unfortunately, my acne was very severe. I have not seen anyone with it as bad as mine. I'm not trying to justify cruelty to animals for my vanity, but something is very wrong with my skin and my health. It was a very tough decision to make on my part but I have made the choice to allow raw milk and eggs in my diet temporarily. As soon as I build up my digestive and immune system and mineral reserves, I will eliminate these foods from my diet and hopefully I will not experience the same issues.

Sorry I though I read in this thread that you did not like saying you were vegan when at a restaurant. I have met a lot of people who don't like the say the word vegan to non-vegans because of their judgment. I completely understand what it is like to have non-supportive family members, my hubby's mom tries to get him to drink milk anytime he goes to her house : )

Again you probably got some of my rage at this new "raw milk" movement. I have several friends who have abandoned veganism for raw milk. I just wanted to make sure you realized it is not any more humane, some people think it is or a claiming it is in denial.

I am not sure what is in the raw milk that is helping you, bacteria maybe. Glad that you are finding some relieve though. I didn't know it was so severe and also impacting your health. If it is bacteria the good news is that they will probably stay in your intestines when you quit drinking it : ) Can't blame me for trying to pull you back to the darkside. I would suggest the book "Becoming Vegan" if you haven't read it. It was written by nutritionists and has a lot of info on a successful vegan diet. I will say if you were not getting essential amino acids from a supplement you would not be able build proteins and that will cause all kinds of problems. Best of Luck and Congrats on a least refusing to give up on vegetarianism which still has a huge impact on the lives of animals and the environment.

Good luck getting calories.

Considering I have not explained my diet besides the fact I eat vegan and non-inflammatory, I really don't think your comment warrants much of a response.

By the way, I exercise 6 days a week and I am training in Muay Thai. I must be getting my energy from somewhere. ;)

Your not eating dairy

Your not eating meat

Your not eating a lot of fruit

Your not eating grains

That pretty much leaves nuts, seeds, legumes, and veggies. It will be very difficult for anyone to get calories on that. Even an inactive woman.

Just a few corrections: I am eating grains. No gluten. I eat rice (brown, basmati, etc) and I love quinoa. Legumes are definitely a large portion of daily calorie intake as well as extra virgin olive oil in the huge salads that I eat.

I still eat fruit, just not as much and I eat more low-GI fruits to keep blood sugar stabilized.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:

Hemp protein shake

Berries and dandelion greens and ground flax seed

A handful of raw walnuts

Snack – dried banana chips made with coconut oil

Lunch

Homemade veggie burger made with lentils

Lots of veggies (cabbage, greens, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, yum)

Olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Sweet potato with cinnamon

Snack

Homemade garlic hummus and carrots and celery

Before exercise

Greens energy bar (I get them at Whole Foods)

Handful of raw walnuts

Dinner

Channa Masala and Basmati Rice

Supplements – Vitamin, fish oil, zinc

I do eat a lot of food (quantity-wise).I do not know calorie-wise how much I eat (I gauge by my hunger), but I have been training for about 1 -2 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I know it is a very different diet compared to a standard American diet, but I feel so much better and have so much more energy. It is more difficult to prepare than just stopping at McDonalds, but how I feel keeps me motivated.

A lot of people have criticized and questioned my diet. My response: Don’t knock it until you have tried it.

I totally agree with you. Eatting healthy is not as easy as going to a fast food joint, but well worth the extra effort. I havent eaten fast food in about 6 months and plan to never touch the stuff again. I saw Food Inc. (really good movie) and worked in food service for 9 yrs....trust me, you do not wanna eat that crap!

Ne way, Im a vegetarian, who eats tuna and salmon from time to time. Lemme tell you, its not hard to get cals at all! I started being a vegetarian at 105lbs 5'3. I started working-out 3-4 times a week and am now 110lbs. Im burning fat and building muscle. Must be gettin cals and great protein from the wonderful veggies we eat. I also use a hemp protein powder, I add it to my veggie juices (have a veggie juicer)

I limit fruit and eat more veggies...and on the days I have 1lb salads for lunch, then a veggie dinner with no starch, I feel like i could run to the moon....crazy energy. Not to mention my skin is better. I dont eat soy...allergy, but still manage to maintain a vegetarian diet. Good luck to you and any one looking to be more natural/organic!

Good luck getting calories.

Considering I have not explained my diet besides the fact I eat vegan and non-inflammatory, I really don't think your comment warrants much of a response.

By the way, I exercise 6 days a week and I am training in Muay Thai. I must be getting my energy from somewhere. ;)

Your not eating dairy

Your not eating meat

Your not eating a lot of fruit

Your not eating grains

That pretty much leaves nuts, seeds, legumes, and veggies. It will be very difficult for anyone to get calories on that. Even an inactive woman.

Just a few corrections: I am eating grains. No gluten. I eat rice (brown, basmati, etc) and I love quinoa. Legumes are definitely a large portion of daily calorie intake as well as extra virgin olive oil in the huge salads that I eat.

I still eat fruit, just not as much and I eat more low-GI fruits to keep blood sugar stabilized.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:

Hemp protein shake

Berries and dandelion greens and ground flax seed

A handful of raw walnuts

Snack – dried banana chips made with coconut oil

Lunch

Homemade veggie burger made with lentils

Lots of veggies (cabbage, greens, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, yum)

Olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Sweet potato with cinnamon

Snack

Homemade garlic hummus and carrots and celery

Before exercise

Greens energy bar (I get them at Whole Foods)

Handful of raw walnuts

Dinner

Channa Masala and Basmati Rice

Supplements – Vitamin, fish oil, zinc

I do eat a lot of food (quantity-wise).I do not know calorie-wise how much I eat (I gauge by my hunger), but I have been training for about 1 -2 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I know it is a very different diet compared to a standard American diet, but I feel so much better and have so much more energy. It is more difficult to prepare than just stopping at McDonalds, but how I feel keeps me motivated.

A lot of people have criticized and questioned my diet. My response: Don’t knock it until you have tried it.

GOOD ON YOU! I like your diet and your approach to taking care of your body. I'm sure you look and feel amazing! :dance:

Another update:

Over the past week or so, I started to feel sick. I have been getting headaches, lower back aches, weakness, chills and my sister told me that I have started to smell funny.

After talking to my soon-to-be naturopathic doctor, it seems that I am finally going through a detox. This is VERY encouraging to me! I've never tried to go through a detox, but since I am improving my mineral reserves and immune system, I think my body finally is able to start purging toxins.

I have been eating very well for a while and I have been drinking alkaline water and taking my mineral supplements. Although the detox symptoms are not pleasant, I know that I am on my way to being healthy. And I'm also glad that it is occurring on it's own. I'm not drinking any weird concoctions to try to force a detox. I'm just taking my daily vitamins and minerals and eating lots of fresh, organic produce. I have also been using celtic sea salt, which is very good for you.

I have noticed my skin is a bit worse the last couple days, but I'm guessing it is related to the detox. It's more like clogged pores than active pimples. I don't mind as long as I am getting better.

I will post once my detox subsides.

Another update:

Over the past week or so, I started to feel sick. I have been getting headaches, lower back aches, weakness, chills and my sister told me that I have started to smell funny.

After talking to my soon-to-be naturopathic doctor, it seems that I am finally going through a detox. This is VERY encouraging to me! I've never tried to go through a detox, but since I am improving my mineral reserves and immune system, I think my body finally is able to start purging toxins.

I have been eating very well for a while and I have been drinking alkaline water and taking my mineral supplements. Although the detox symptoms are not pleasant, I know that I am on my way to being healthy. And I'm also glad that it is occurring on it's own. I'm not drinking any weird concoctions to try to force a detox. I'm just taking my daily vitamins and minerals and eating lots of fresh, organic produce. I have also been using celtic sea salt, which is very good for you.

I have noticed my skin is a bit worse the last couple days, but I'm guessing it is related to the detox. It's more like clogged pores than active pimples. I don't mind as long as I am getting better.

I am getting worse again, and i am about to quit this whole holistic approach of a diet or at least not be on it so strict cuz if i am going to continue to go thru the same cycle of almost clearing up and then having inflammed acne in same spots near mouth and chin as i always had before diet and eating whatever then hell i am going back to eating whatever and gain my weight back that i desperatly need to do. No one has commented on my bad acne but they have said i new to gain wieght and i was able to do that eating whatever/somewhat healthy not completly all processed.

Another update:

I am getting worse again, and i am about to quit this whole holistic approach of a diet or at least not be on it so strict cuz if i am going to continue to go thru the same cycle of almost clearing up and then having inflammed acne in same spots near mouth and chin as i always had before diet and eating whatever then hell i am going back to eating whatever and gain my weight back that i desperatly need to do. No one has commented on my bad acne but they have said i new to gain wieght and i was able to do that eating whatever/somewhat healthy not completly all processed.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't seen much progress. I know how frustrating that is!! Have you been to a naturopathic or holistic doctor yet? I spent a lot of time trying to self-diagnose myself and I wasted a lot of time and money. I kept switching my diet and trying new approaches when the problem was I wasn't digesting what I was eating properly.

Get blood tests, saliva tests, check the PH of your saliva and urine and get allergy tests done and have a good doctor analyze the results. You might have to try a few doctors before you find one that can help you. I am so glad I met the doctor that helped me. He knew during my first visit where to start. And his methods were simple. I didn't have to take tons of herbs or anything. Just vitamins and minerals in the right combination and dosage.

Not only will I probably be clear after all of this, but I will be very healthy!

Don't give up!!

Another update:

I'm sorry to hear you haven't seen much progress. I know how frustrating that is!! Have you been to a naturopathic or holistic doctor yet? I spent a lot of time trying to self-diagnose myself and I wasted a lot of time and money. I kept switching my diet and trying new approaches when the problem was I wasn't digesting what I was eating properly.

Get blood tests, saliva tests, check the PH of your saliva and urine and get allergy tests done and have a good doctor analyze the results. You might have to try a few doctors before you find one that can help you. I am so glad I met the doctor that helped me. He knew during my first visit where to start. And his methods were simple. I didn't have to take tons of herbs or anything. Just vitamins and minerals in the right combination and dosage.

Not only will I probably be clear after all of this, but I will be very healthy!

Don't give up!!

Ya that is a problem with me being in the military. They refrain you from seeing a specialist cause they dont want the goverment funding money for it really if they dont have too. So everytime i see my PCM (3 times so far), he just suggest more antibiotics and topicals. I asked to see dermatologists twice and was being turned down because he didnt think i was that severe, well DOC it is sever when it never ends and keeps coming back over and over!!! So this has become a struggle as well :(

Edited by JayQ

Sorry about the delay, but here are some pics showing my progress:

post-107946-1254095747_thumb.jpg

So this is how my skin used to normally look. It was always very red and covered my entire face. i did not have acne anywhere else. Also notice how pale I am even though it was the middle of the summer and I was out in the sun a lot.

post-107946-1254095762_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic from about 3 weeks into the new regimen I am on. My face is not as red and my skin is so much smoother. I still have a bit of clogged pores, but i don't really have too many active pimples. Also notice how my skin tone changed. I wasn't expecting it to happen, but as i am getting healthier, my skin tone is coming back.

My progress has definitely slowed, but from what i read, it is usually that last little bit that takes the longest. Whenever I get frustrated about my skin, I just look that the before pics and I feel sooooo much better.

post-107946-1254095747_thumb.jpg

post-107946-1254095762_thumb.jpg

Another update:

Slowly, slowly, slowly getting better and better! I got 26 vials of blood taken (not at once) and I'm getting pretty much everything tested. I should have the results soon. I haven't changed much, although I have been eating less raw veggies and starting to eat more 'wintery' foods. Lots of legume soups and cooked veggies. I have also been eating a lot of sprouted bread, which doesn't seem to bother me at all.

I wanted to try to make my own coconut kefir, but I can't find any coconuts in my area! I decided to try raw milk kefir and it has definitely helped my skin and digestion. (I should really change my screen name on this thing :)) It is really easy to make and it definitely gives me more energy and helps me consume more calories.

I eat lots of food throughout the day and I do intake a lot of healthy fats and yet I'm skinny as a rail. I really am starting to think that sugar makes people fat because I can't have any sugar because I break out, yet I consume ungodly calories for my body size and yet I haven't gained any weight.

I have also started doing yoga to help detox as well as keeping up on skin brushing.

The 'clogged pores' on my skin are fading away, thank goodness. I'll update again on my blood test results.

Could you post what a typical day is for you?

BTW, why is meat inflammatory?

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/beef-products/8001/2

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/beef-products/10526/2

Thanks.

A typical day for me isn't that complicated.

Diet:

I wake up, usually drink a bit of water, perhaps a shot of apple cider vinegar. Then I either have a smoothie with fruit, greens and raw milk kefir, or I just drink straight kefir. Then after about 30 minutes I have something else to eat, sprouted bread with ghee and a cooked egg, or bread with EVOO. I drink some yerba mate or tulsi tea and usually have some kind of snack before lunch, fruit or some banana chips. Lunch varies, soup, veggies, salad...I usually keep it simple because I'm usually at work.

Then I snack a bit throughout the day, fruit, sprouted bread, veggies...then dinner is usually something similar to lunch. I drink water and tea throughout the day. I also take digestive enzymes during every meal because of my hypochlorhydria.

Supplements:

I take the recommended supplements 3 times a day, morning, noon and night. I don't take everything each time, some things I take in the morning, some I just take in the afternoon or at night. I usually take everything with food.

Face:

I usually just splash my face with cold water in the morning and rinse with apple cider vinegar. It's really diluted because I don't want to smell like vinegar all day. If i wear makeup during the day, I use the oil cleansing method with cold-pressed castor oil, jojoba oil and lavender oil. I make sure to gentle buff away the oil with a cloth after cleansing. I then rinse with apple cider vinegar. If I have a inflammed pimple i usually treat it wil a drop of lavender oil.

Sometimes I will use a bentonite clay mask to help clear the clogged pores.

As for meat, I don't eat it because I'm a vegetarian (used to be vegan). Fish can be very anti-inflammatory but meat is filled with uric acid and it is definitely not what I need being over-acidic.

Another interesting update:

I got my blood tests back and I learned a few very interesting things. First off, I have a class 1 allergy to milk and sesame seeds. I also have a class 2 allergy to egg whites. I haven't shown any outwardly symptoms of these allergies but it could have been stressing out my adrenals and immune system. It could also be causing the little bit of acne I have left as well.

I'm slightly low in iron and iodine which I will try to alleviate through food and possible supplementation. I'm showing a bit of thyroid issues, but that may be related to the low iron and iodine.

The biggest issue with my blood work is I am EXTREMELY low in progesterone. My estrogen seems to have leveled out, but the progesterone hasn't. I have definitely noticed extreme PMS symptoms lately which is related to low progesterone. This could be related to the thyroid or adrenals (food allergies).

I had a SpectraCell test done to see what minerals are actually making it to my cells. Even though my blood work showed excellent levels, that does not mean it is properly making it to my cells. I should have results on that soon.

My health consultant performed muscle testing on me again and I have definitely improved in a lot of areas. I'm only really having issues with my digestion, but that may be further helped by not eating allergy triggers.

My skin is not perfect, but relatively acceptable. I do want to make sure I get to the bottom of the low progesterone. Hopefully the SpectraCell test will show a little bit more of the picture.

I could have never figured out what was causing my acne without the help of Shawn and also proper testing. Not only do I know what I am lacking, I also know that I am a very healthy person now and my levels are for the most part, excellent.

Another wonderful update:

Still waiting for my SpectraCall test back. I really want to see what is going on at the cellular level.

I have cut out dairy and eggs from my diet due to allergies. I have begun to supplement with iron and I have been adding seaweed to my diet for iodine. I started going back to kick boxing class. I definitely feel more solid and stronger.

This week, it was almost like a switch was flipped. My skin looks amazing. My scars are fading and I actually went out this weekend to the bar with no makeup on. I feel so liberated! Still working through the last bit of clogged pores, although I'm not that concerned about it.

I would still like to see what the test results show. It will show deficiencies up to 6 months ago. I have been on this regimen for 3 months now.

I received my SpectraCell test back. I am deficient in vitamin C and vitamin K. This has me a little bit concerned because vitamin C and vitamin K deficiencies are very rare.

I eat lots of fruits and vegetables, so I'm not sure how I am deficient unless it is related to the hypochlorhydria. I'm still taking HCL and digestive enzymes when I eat. I'm a little concerned about taking the pills for so long.

I'm going to talk to my health consultant to see what I should do next.