Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lbuckley

Acne on and around nose?

First of all I can't believe I'm posting in the moderate acne section and not the severe like I would have been for most of my life. I used to have severe acne but I somehow managed to minimize the problem quite a bit. I just moisturize my face twice daily and shaving less and that's about it. Hard to believe such a simple regimen I know. It doesn't completely stop the pimples but it's much better and i haven't had a large pimple in a year just the minor white head ones.

The problem is, I can't seem to stop getting acne on and around my nose. You know, the little area under your eye around the nose. I don't touch the area or my nose with dirty hands or anything but the pimples keep popping up. They go away pretty quick , in 3 or 5 days, but new ones literally come up over night. It's a frustrating little area of my face, seemingly impossible to keep it clear there. Is this a sensitive zone or something?

BP might work there, but I try to avoid it as it wrecks havoc on my skin and makes it flake and i've been using it for a long time (not every day, but a few times a week in that area)

Any suggestions? I've tried natural things like cider vinegar and potatoes on that area but it doesn't seem to work either that or I gave up after a pimple or two appeared after the natural treatment..

Have you tried exfoliating that area? I use to get a zit every once in a while, but when i started to exfoliate the area using the jojoba oil method, i haven't had one in nearly a month or so.

I second the exfoliation idea. It will help clear out the clogged pores and prevent more pimples from forming there.