Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KnicksRock

Tazorac Vs. Retin A, Vs. Renova, Vs. Tretinoin Cream

I am currently on Tazorac, (only a few months in) So I can't really accurately guage it. I will say my acne is much better but I also use benzaclin in the mornings.

I was told tazorac is much better for scarring too, but I am curious if tretinoin cream/gel or retin A micro or Retin A is better for scarring and hyperpigmentation.

I wonder if anyone here knows which is best for

-Acne

-Acne Scarring

-Hyperpigmentation

each product may be differently better for different of these symptoms.

I heard tazorac may be better for acne and apparently is better for scarring but I am not sure if this is true.

Does anyone know which is best for what?

Please let's find out which topical retinoid is best.

Another topic to discuss. Which strength is best? .05% or .1% and also if GEL or CREAM versions are better.

Post and discuss.

I used Tazorac for close to 2 years along with Finacea and it did temporarily help. Tazorac is good for reducing breakouts and elimenating scarring. However, Retin A is highly recommended for helping with all the marks. Retinoids in general help to fade scarring and marks. I used Retin A for over 2 years (i recently stopped 2 months ago) along with duac and it did help. In fact my skin pretty much cleared up and the marks were getting less noticeable too. However, last month I started breaking out like crazy for some odd reason that not even the retin A or duac or antibiotics helped anymore...so now I am back to square one. But if you never tried Retin A I would recommend giving it a try its a good product and great for marks/scarring

HDD,

Which product do you prefer for marks/scarring? Tazorac or Retin-A? What type of Retin-A/Tazorac did you use, (.1% gel or cream?)

Which was better for acne? Taz or Retin-A. Did you use the regular or Retin-A micro? or Treinoin cream?

Thanks,