Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I've been on Differin 0.1 for about 9 weeks. The initial breakout has been quite bad. Things are calming down now, but my face is full of red marks that are fading very slowly.

To address the red marks, I'm considering switching to using Dan's AHA lotion and stopping Differin. My skin wasn't that bad before starting Differin, and glycolic acid has been good for me in the past.

My question: since my skin has been purging for 9 weeks on Differin, is it possible for my skin to purge again if I switch to AHA? I can't imagine that there's much left to purge.

Thanks

i switched from differin to retin-a micro the next day and i definitely purged. it wasn't the most horrible experience ever, but it was definitely a different kind of breakout than i was used to. also, usually when i purge it heals much faster than a normal breakout. i know it's not the same medication, but i thought it might help to know that it probably won't be as bad as a "normal" purge, if you have one at all.