Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaveNeedsHelp

Help me with my product please. Is it right for me?

Over the past couple of months i've been trying many products to help clear my skin, i've gone through many products but most leave my skin feeling very irritated and end up in breakouts, i have very sensitive skin. I went on sunbeds for a couple of weeks once or twice a week and this did leave my skin lovely and clear, but weighing up skin cancer and spots, it just didnt seem worth it. I've now stopped going on sunbeds and im already starting to breakout. i bought a product called from "Simple For Men" - "hydrating face wash". Its supposed to be for sensitive skin but i used it this morning and my skin feels irritated, however i'm not sure if thats because of the product or because i've just stopped using a garnier product which REALLY irritated my skin. I'm not sure if I should keep using it and i'd like someone to look at the ingredients and tell me if there's any ingredients there which could possibly cause problems for very sensitive skin.

Here's a list of the ingredients;

Aqua

Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Cocamidoprophyl Betaine

Sorbitol

Sodium Chloride

PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate

Menthyl Lactate

Panthenol

PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate

Polypropylene Glycol

Benzophenone-4

Copper PCA

Menthylparaben

Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate

Tocopheryl Acetate

Melalueca Alternifolia Oil

Lavandula Angustifoli Oil

Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Oil

Citrus Medica Limonum Oil

Pogostemon Cablin Oil

Pelargonium Gravelens Oil

Citric Acid

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Over the past couple of months i've been trying many products to help clear my skin, i've gone through many products but most leave my skin feeling very irritated and end up in breakouts, i have very sensitive skin. I went on sunbeds for a couple of weeks once or twice a week and this did leave my skin lovely and clear, but weighing up skin cancer and spots, it just didnt seem worth it. I've now stopped going on sunbeds and im already starting to breakout. i bought a product called from "Simple For Men" - "hydrating face wash". Its supposed to be for sensitive skin but i used it this morning and my skin feels irritated, however i'm not sure if thats because of the product or because i've just stopped using a garnier product which REALLY irritated my skin. I'm not sure if I should keep using it and i'd like someone to look at the ingredients and tell me if there's any ingredients there which could possibly cause problems for very sensitive skin.

Here's a list of the ingredients;

Aqua

Sodium Laureth Sulfate

Cocamidoprophyl Betaine

Sorbitol

Sodium Chloride

PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate

Menthyl Lactate

Panthenol

PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate

Polypropylene Glycol

Benzophenone-4

Copper PCA

Menthylparaben

Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate

Tocopheryl Acetate

Melalueca Alternifolia Oil

Lavandula Angustifoli Oil

Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Oil

Citrus Medica Limonum Oil

Pogostemon Cablin Oil

Pelargonium Gravelens Oil

Citric Acid

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I'll never understand how they decide which products are 'for sensitive skin'.

I don't know a lot of the ingredients there, but I spotted one which is a big no-no for those with sensitive skin: Sodium Laureth Sulfate. It's counterpart, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, is just as bad, if not worse. They're very harsh surfactants used in detergents which should be avoided at all costs, especially if you have very sensitive skin. I know that if I use any products which include any of those two, I'll break out. A lot of cleansers have them though.

Parabens should also be avoided, but not a lot of people have adverse reactions to that. You should avoid it, though, if you really have very very sensitive skin or you're wary of things which pose a minor health risk.