Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ALittleMoreThanUseless

Almost no side effects - will it stay this way?

I am on week 6 of Roaccutane (Accutane) currently - I started with two weeks of 20mg and have had about four weeks on 40mg so far. I'm also female, age 17, and about 55-60kg. I don't know if any of this info matters, but I thought I'd put it out there just in case lol.

So, down to business. So far I have seen very, very minimal effects - my face doesn't get oily throughout the day but isn't entirely oil-free. And it is not dry AT ALL. In fact, it seems softer and more balanced than normal, if anything. My hair is also only slightly less oily as well.

My eyes are the tiniest bit dry, and every few days I have a few fleeting seconds of mild back ache when I sit in a weird position.

And that's it, no other side effects. My skin is clearer, there is some improvement, but I get a huge new pimple every second day or so and they take ages to go away.

Does this seem strange? Will I start seeing more dramatic effects soon? :confused:

I am pretty much exactly in the same boat as you are. Same dosage, and I'm about five weeks in. I've had very mild side-effects. I'm not even needing to moisturise at the moment. The worst thing so far has been my lips when I don't put Carmex on, but when I keep ointment on them they go back to normal. I think I've had an initial break-out, and the red marks are really bright and are taking longer than normal to fade. I think everyone is different etc, and just to give it more time. That's what I'm counting on! How long are you anticipating your course to be? Maybe read some Accutane blogs and see when people start seeing the most improvement. I would have said around the 3 month mark *shrugs*

:redface: I've been reading those blogs like crazy, I think I'm becoming addicted. I like knowing what it's like for everyone else and what to expect, but I haven't heard of anyone else with so little effects until now.

Thanks for replying!

I don't experience any side effects other than the dry lips. I actually feel happier with accutane! Hehe that's because my face is getting better I suppose :o

Hello ladies,

I'm in my fourth week of Accutane and almost exactly the same situation with the original poster with 30mg dose. No significant side effects except dry lips (and I still can manage with my Baby Petroleum Jelly) and lower back pain, which (touch wood) is not very serious.

However, at the same time, I still have cystic acnes here and there but again (touch wood) they seem to develop and heal more quickly than ever.

So, my guess is we're on a very mild dose so pros is that we do not suffer from side effects and cons is that we cannot see the instant effects of Accutane. Anyway, again (touch wood), I love my skin condition right now. It's soft, smooth, and not greasy.

So, let's be patient and good luck to all of us!

Well I guess all of you are in the same boat, well me I must be a in totally different boat, as all my side affects came after a day of taking it!, I have dry lips, dry face, dry eyes the works!, it is'nt bad though just something noticible. I have had muscle pain, that has gone away now for a bit, but I have found a way to contain and keep under control all of these things thankfully.