Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Because of the of carbs, over consumption can cause you to gain weight. Sooo I dunno. :shrug:

You're supposed to drink water to refill what you've lost - especially when you sweat. 60% of your body is water and that works every day - plus water hydrates your skin. I'd probably stick with water.

hey. good question.

I used to wonder if there were any better ways to rehydrate and get your electrolytes back.

The problem with water is that it doesn't have a whole lot of electrolytes.

The problem with sports drinks such as gatorade is that they have way too much sugar. (and sugar can be dehydrating...counter-productive eh?!)

My naturopath even felt i was low in electrolytes since i workout.

so she gave me bottled electrolytes.

This stuff is great. Its a clear liquid that you can add to anything you want.

Just a few drops will provide plenty of electrolytes. I usually do about 10 drops per 1 liter of water.

I started using that instead of gatorade/powerade when i go work out or play sports.

I just bring my own water bottle from home with the drops in it. Saves $$$ from buying sports drinks!

oh, and another great thing is that as long as you use the correct ratio or amount....then it's pretty much tasteless! If anything, there's a SLIGHT saltiness to the water but that's usually only when i add too much.

I think a 12 ounce bottle of the stuff cost me around $10 or $15 bucks and it will last FOREVER since you literally use drops at a time.

i would definitely check it out.

good luck.

Oh yeah, that post reminds me. They have a thing called "Smart Water" with a lot of electrolytes.

:D

yea that's the same concept!

this product just allows you to make "smart water" on your own!

Nothing is wrong with the sugar when working out. It's beneficial to have sugar or any high glycemic substance after a workout, especially weight lifting, for the insulin spike. If you're worried about calories then consume something like propel water.

i agree with you about the post workout high glycemic substance...but sugar (i'm assuming we're talking about the refined type found in gatorade not the natural type found in fruits) isn't the best option out there.

If anything you should just be sipping gatorade throughout an intense one hour or longer workout/activity. Of course you can drink water more generously.

If you aren't exercising for that long i wouldn't even pick up a gatorade. Just eat some fruit or other High Glycemic food afterward.

Honestly, as long as i eat (carbs included) a few hours before an intense workout/activity, and consume some carbs afterward i'm fine with just the electrolyte water during the workout.

bottom line...if you're worried about acne: stay away from refined sugar. leads to many other problems as well.

stick to more whole foods/natural stuff.

Oh yeah, that post reminds me. They have a thing called "Smart Water" with a lot of electrolytes.

:D

yea that's the same concept!

this product just allows you to make "smart water" on your own!

Yeah, good idea! The smart water can get expensive :crazy: