Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, well I have been on accutane for about 2 months now, and it has its good and bad days. For about the past 15-20 days I have been using toothpaste on my real bad pimples, the ones that just dont seem to go away and i must say i'm pleased with the results. the only real problem i would say is its stings for about 5min and then it just kinda fades. i have my own little regimen i do that ive seen help, when i take a shower in the morning i wash my face and all, when i get out i apply peroxide onto my pimples(dont know what it does but helps) then at night i take another shower, face my face and all then apply toothpaste(paste, not gel) to certain pimples(not the whole face. anyway, just wonderin if anyone else out there has a similar way of handlin there acne with household products

This thread has been moved to the General Acne Products board.

Also, be aware that many toothpastes contain ingredients that can irritate skin and aggravate acne.

No. I just wanted to say that you're lucky. Toothpaste would aggravate my pimples when I tried, and I ended up with a much worse problem.

If the toothpaste irritated the pimples, odds are you werent using the right kind.

DO NOT use toothpaste that has any kind of whitening in it!!!!

I have found that the best toothpaste to use for spot treatment is one containing GREEN TEA.

Also, DO NOT use the same toothpaste for your face that you use on your mouth.

The constant contact with your toothbrush is a breeding ground for bacteria!!!

If you're going to try this, make sure you buy a separate tube of toothpaste for your face,

and mark it clearly with a sharpie "FACE" so you dont get mixed up.

thats complete waste of money right there, i dont know if your implyin that you use a toothbrush for the toothpaste method but i use a que-tip(spelling), and i use whitening actually, and it works for me. in a sad way thats the one thing i like about acne, its mysterious in many ways were one thing can work for someones skin, and the same product might make it worse.

I've tried the toothpaste back in the day. It didn't do much and I don't know if I used too much but always in the morning it would be chunky or something like that and hard to wash off, lol no I wasn't using a lot (i guess). Anyways over the years I have found out that my face is very very sensitive and it has improved a lot by not washing too often and using too much stuff on it. I just wash my face with a gentle cleanser in morning and night, sometimes only in morning and at night I just take a shower and use warm water that's it. Benzoyl Peroxide is one of my biggest enemies.