Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i can't believe i actually went to work today with this big cyst on my nose. for 8 fricking hours. it's so embarassing. i avoided mirrors at all cost at work so i'd feel less self concious. and i'm still getting acne even on my 2nd month of accutane (i'm on my 3rd round. and this round is for 4 months). i would've called in sick but i already called in sick about a month or so ago. why do i have to have cysts on my face. :(. my life is so depressing. i wish i was never born. i always get the big cysts. damn...just so sad. i'm 21 now. back then when i hung with friends and had a cyst, one of my friends would notice and snigger "whoa that's a big pimple!" and another time "haha did you get a bee sting on your nose or something?" and few times they would say "you're past puberty! you shouldn't be getting acne anymore!". can anyone relate to me? like constantly having 1 or 2 large cysts pop up and they seem like they never go away?

It's only been recently that I've stopped getting cysts (a combination of cetaphil, retinA, and just getting older).

I never used to get normal pimples, always big old cysts. They f'ing suck. Big, glowing red, and painful. They just hang around for weeks and weeks, taking their sweet time to go away.

I remember in 8th grade I got this HUGE white head right on the front of my face. It was about 2 inches to the side of my nose. I still think it's the biggest pimple I ever got. I refused to pop it and I refused to stay home from school, not that my mother would have let me. So the day would be spent trying to avoid people seeing my gigantic pimple. Learning like usual was secondary. I came in a bit late and was walking to home room with my head hung low, trying not to make eye contact w anyone. I ran into my science teacher in the hall and I guess he thought I looked sad or thought the pimple was a bruise. He stopped me, took me by the shoulders and raised up my head. Although he was the "cool" talkative type of teacher, he just looked at my face and didnt say anything. It was extremely embarrassing. Oh, and of course that pimple left a big scar.

i envy you. so. much. fuk. even at 21 i'm still getting acne. cystic ones. i am the only one out of my 3 siblings who has it worse. my brother (same age) used to have cystic acne. but he RARELY gets them now and yet he eats way more junk food than me (i never eat junk food now)how old are you now? that must've been hard for you to go through that day, and to bump into your teacher like that.

Yeah that day really was horrible. But it wasn't too different from every other day during 7th-8th grade, lol.

I'm older than you and it has only been within the last year that things have started to calm down.

I also have 2 bros. 1 never had acne problems. The other had bad acne for about a year. In fact I remember going to the derm with him and the dr said his skin was more clogged up than mine. Yet his acne went away and left him w/o scarring.

We got bad luck!

Have you been on Retin-A? That stuff really works for me. Keeps my large pores clean and limits my outbreaks.

i'm on accutane right now. my doctor likely wouldn't give me retin-A since i'm already on a prescription drug. and to be honest i'm kinda scared of retin-A because i talked to someone on this website who's used it, and she said it's not working for her and it made it worse. i just hope this final round of accutane will work for me. i'm on my 3rd round of accutane. each round for 4 months. and i've taken 3 rounds in 3 years in a row. planning to go on 1 pill per week once i finish this round.

How bad! I'm 29 years old already and I still suffer from hormonal cystic acnes. Even now when it came to fourth week of Accutane, I still have some big cysts at my jawline :(

Yeah, it's all about our bad luck :( Yesterday, I talk to my best girlfriend about the psychological and emotional impacts of acne on suffers. She burst out laughing and kept asking me "Hey, are you serious? Are you kidding me? It's just pimple" :( Yeah, forgive her as she possesses a perfect skin and no matter how she destroys it by her unhealthy habits, no cyst has ever successfully popped up on her face :)

Try not to let it get to you. I started getting cystic acne when I was 20 years old too, before that it was only moderate to mild acne but somehow my whole face exploded like crazy in huge lumps during college. So embarrassing... I've managed to control it through a strict diet and skincare regimen. However, since then every major or stressful event in my life has caused huge cystic breakouts.

I'm actually going through one right now and I work as a sales associate in a major brand apparel store... so imagine that. I'm a magician when it comes to makeup, but you still can't hide the lumps. I have to greet customers and help them dress properly so that's pretty depressing.

I've cleared my skin before and I know I can do it again.. it just takes a ridiculous amount of control (no soda, no caffeine, no dairy, etc..etc..). I basically can't eat anything except fruits, vegetables, water, and OATMEAL; fill up on vitamins, and wash my face religiously for like a month and then make sure not to lapse on my strict eating/skincare lifestyle. It's difficult to do all that as a college student especially when you have to cram for midterms or finals and NOT be able to drink an energy drink because it'll cause a cystic breakout. Maybe I'll suck on a lemon and use that to keep me awake lol I dunno.

Anyways, don't feel too bad. Keep your chin up, you'll eventually find something that works for you =)

Try not to let it get to you. I started getting cystic acne when I was 20 years old too, before that it was only moderate to mild acne but somehow my whole face exploded like crazy in huge lumps during college. So embarrassing... I've managed to control it through a strict diet and skincare regimen. However, since then every major or stressful event in my life has caused huge cystic breakouts.

Same here! When I started college I broke out in cystic acne. And it was so distressing then since I had great skin in high school. Only person in my family with acne. Bad acne.

hey everyone, i just want to say THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES AND SUPPORT. my cyst is clearing now, but that doesn't mean i'm acne free from now on. i cannot know when the next one is going to pop up but i'll be really sad the next time it does :( then i'll prob be coming back on this website to vent out my frustration and sadness.

it's too bad i don't have concealer :(. and never tried. i guess i'll look for one maybe specifically for guys on ebay or something. and obscure, i'm sorry u had to go through that to greet customers on a typical basis, it must be extremely hard.