Notifications
Clear all

hydrogen peroxide

MemberMember
(@ihateacnex12425)

Posted : 07/15/2009 8:24 pm

Is it ok to use hydrogen peroxide on your face when you are on accutane? Just finishing week 5.

If so, how would u go about using it...... would u just dab it on and leave it.. or would u have to wash it off or what?

Ive read that its bad to use hydrogen peroxide to much on a open pimple because it can slow healing. I am refering to using it in areas where new acne are forming, not over open pimples or cuts.

(would hp slow down the healing of red marks?)

MemberMember
(@ihateacnex12425)

Posted : 07/17/2009 3:21 pm

anyone? Please at my derm appointment she asked if i had hp and i wasnt sure so we didnt talk futher into detail about it...

and I am really considering using it because i need to do something to subside breakout... but dont want to do something stupid

MemberMember
(@max266)

Posted : 07/18/2009 12:08 am

My derm told me not to use any BP while on accutane because it can end up irritating the skin more. you don't need anything on top of accutane, just let it work itself out. time is all it takes.

MemberMember
(@ihateacnex12425)

Posted : 07/18/2009 12:25 am

My derm told me not to use any BP while on accutane because it can end up irritating the skin more. you don't need anything on top of accutane, just let it work itself out. time is all it takes.

Hydrogen peroxide, not BP

MemberMember
(@mpd014)

Posted : 07/18/2009 12:28 am

I used it on my skin thinking it would help with the scabs and open picked pimples, and it just aggitated them and made them heal rly strangly and bumpy. I would NOT use it. dont make the same mistake i did. i may of gotten scars from it bc i didnt let my skin heal the right way.

MemberMember
(@mosey-mom)

Posted : 02/07/2013 2:07 pm

We've used hydrogen peroxide while on accutane. I dab it on some of the oozing acne with quip. It seems to help get rid of inflammation and bacteria.