Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steph(:

Does this sound like a good regimen?

Ok, well I've reached the point where I'm fed up with my acne. It seems like I've used every product from Proactiv to Clean&Clear and nothing seems to work. I've been using the Clean&Clear Advantage kit but it hasn't done anything for me. I've recently started looking into using Cetaphil because it seems to have good reviews. Does this seem to be a good regimen?

Morning and Night:

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment

Hope in a Jar moisturizer from Philosphy

Hi, I'm new to this site and I was just wondering if this sounded like a good regimen for moderate acne:

Morning and Night:

Acne.org 2.5% Benzoyle Peroxide treament

Hope in a Jar moisturizer from Philosophy

Thanks in advance!(:

Hi, I'm new to this site and I was just wondering if this sounded like a good regimen for moderate acne:

Morning and Night:

Acne.org 2.5% Benzoyle Peroxide treament

Hope in a Jar moisturizer from Philosophy

Thanks in advance!(:

It sounds like ur doing the regimen which is a great one and will clear you right up! Cetaphil is a great gentle cleanser, followed by effective bp, and hope in a jar. My only concern would be for the moisturizer. I'm not familiar with the ingredients of it so just make sure it's non-comodagenic. Also I would look into getting an spf for the day since bp can make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Olay complete spf 15 for sensitive skin is a good one. Otherwise, it sounds like your right on track. If anything, maybe you should familiarize yourself with the regimen videos to familiarize yourself with how you should be applying these products. Just remember, the keys to success on the regimen are being diligent about doing it every 12 hours (morning and night) and being super-extra gentle in application!

Good Luck!!!

No worries about hope in a jar, that is the best moisturizer on the market. there is nothing better. however a cheaper alternative might be cetaphil moisturizer, i've heard it's good and personally i like sticking with same types/brands when i have a multi step system.

otherwise i would say that regime is great. just try not to wear makeup, and if you do ALWAYS wash it off before bed or exercising. Also get some sun if you can (be smart though, wear sunscreen if you burn). I find that when i am tanned I have way less acne.

yeah..sounds good!

As Meow Meow Hiss mentioned, you should really check out Dan's regimen videos(Cleanse, Treat, Moisturize).The 5-15 minutes gap between those steps is also really essential!

I've been on DKR for the past 4 weeks and I've had really good results.*think its time I put up a picture log*

Try not to pick on any active zits and I'm pretty sure your on your way to really good skin!! :dance:

yeah..sounds good!

As Meow Meow Hiss mentioned, you should really check out Dan's regimen videos(Cleanse, Treat, Moisturize).The 5-15 minutes gap between those steps is also really essential!

i agree about the gap in between steps. i noticed a difference when i would wait too long or not long enough. my cousin swears by hope in a jar, but i've never tried it.