Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexandraD

Slight change in regimen--using very little lemon juice now

For a month or so, I added diluted lemon juice to my regimen. It was helping to eradicate one or two red marks, but it was starting to irritate my skin and I was getting a few extra pimples. Nothing terrible, but enough to keep my skin from looking almost perfect. So I stopped that for a while. Still seeing a few more than I liked. Then I stopped using the Juice Beauty Anti-Blemish serum. Within a few days, I saw a BIG difference. This is what I do now:

AM: Wash face with Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash. Rinse face with cold water. (Not super cold.) Dan's BP. Burt's Bee's Marshmallow Vanishing Creme moisturizer. A little Burt's Bees powder on my T-zone, Bare Escentuals eyeliner and blush.

Mid day: Blot skin with lavender Sephora blotting papers. Really works.

PM: Wash face with Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash. Dan's BP. Burt's Bee's Marshmallow Vanishing Creme moisturizer. Every other night, I use Burt's Bees Citrus scrub, but VERY gently. Rinse face with cold water. Dan's BP. Burt's Bee's Marshmallow Vanishing Creme moisturizer.

And that's it. Simpler is better. The more you put on your face, the more you irritate it. A combo of BP and a good moisturizer is the best. BP keeps bacteria at bay, but can be a bit irritating, and irritants can cause pimples. So, the moisturizer keeps your skin calm. I have found that when I can see a zit coming, I actually put both BP AND moisturizer on it. A pimple is an inflammation and moisturizer soothes inflammations. The pimple doesn't get anywhere and is gone in a day or two.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Alex