Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rosette

Does drinking a veg/fruit smoothie everyday help your skin?

Well, I started having acne in novemeber or so, and I broke out really randomly and really badly. I've been to the derm but everything they give me never seems to work. My derm prescribed me Retin-A (I'm sure most of you have heard of it) and it definitley got rid of my pimples and big red marks. But it left me with lots of red marks! Also, on both cheeks, I have a red mark which is quite big.. it looks like a couple red marks stuck together. Or could this be hyperpigmentation? Hm, not sure. The rest is just small-ish red marks. They're not as red as before though. So anyways, back on topic .. I've read that drinking a healthy smoothie everyday will help your skin improve. Has anyone had experience with this? If so, how long did it take for you to see results?

On another note, I've also started to apply fresh cucumbers to my skin everyday. I must say, I do see a bit of improvement. I will continue to do this everyday. Anyone else had experience with cucumbers?

Thank you :D

yup, do some google searches for "green smoothies" or read the book GREEN FOR LIFE.

They will significantly help your skin because they are an extremely nutrient dense food source.

yeah, they are a lot of people on this forum that have had success with it. Go to this linK:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108917

I've just started doing these about a week ago. Lots of people have been fully or significantly cleared from doing this.

That link doesn't seem to work .. but thanks alot for your input! :)

Just one question, have you seen any results yet?

And if not, do you know how long it would take to see results?

thanks once again.

yup, do some google searches for "green smoothies" or read the book GREEN FOR LIFE.

They will significantly help your skin because they are an extremely nutrient dense food source.

Thanks, I am definitley going to continue with this.

No, it's too early for me to have SEEN any results. I feel great though. The OP on that other thread said it took her six weeks to really notice a difference. I wonder why my link didn't work. It's the thread called "fabulous green smoothies" and it's in the nutrition and holistic health forum, you can;t miss it. There's like 88 pages of peoples experiences with it. I'm a total geek and I actually read through the whole thing and lots of people became clear or much more clear than they were from these. I LOVE them!!! :wub:

No, it's too early for me to have SEEN any results. I feel great though. The OP on that other thread said it took her six weeks to really notice a difference. I wonder why my link didn't work. It's the thread called "fabulous green smoothies" and it's in the nutrition and holistic health forum, you can;t miss it. There's like 88 pages of peoples experiences with it. I'm a total geek and I actually read through the whole thing and lots of people became clear or much more clear than they were from these. I LOVE them!!! :wub:

I just checked out that thread and it looks really promising!

I'm going to go out right now to buy my ingredients for my smoothie :)

Thanks alot!