Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i got prescribed tazorac and klaron, im only using the tazorac because the side effects of DYING while on klaron bothers me--anyhow, tazorac can work by itself right? its just usually given in addition to something else. or am i using this medicine blindly and wont get any good results? im currently on week 2 and getting the initial breakout. thx

keep us up to date with your resutls with taz. i am currently on it and haven't had any results yet but i think it is too soon to tell. I have my doubts that it will work only because i have only had results with accutane and nothing else. I have moderat to severe acne.

I've been on taz for almost a year now and am very happy with the results. biggrin.gif What I do is pretty easy: wash face, put on BP 2.5%, followed by moisturizer with spf 15 during the day. at night, wash face again, wait 20 mins, put on some taz, and go to sleep. Cetaphil is my fave wash that I've tried. I think Dan recommends it too. Keep with it. It takes a few weeks. sad.gif

I've never heard of Klaron, but if it's a topical, read the instructions. Usually death comes if you have any number of disorders. Case in point, you can die from birth control pills, but how often does it happen unless you ignore some pretty obvious symptons?

Best of luck,

Jen

Guest Brandon

Why doyou need to use BP with Tazorac? Isn't Taz a topical you use alone? Is it ok to use other products/Rx's.

i cant use BP. i think im slightly allergic. my face turns red as a tomato and it NEVER goes away. its quite worse than having acne actually. im experiencing a little break out now cuz im starting week 2--but ive noticed my skin being more smooth lately. this is sorta what retina a did for me, only not as drying as the retin a was. so maybe im on my way to being clear. usually i just wake up, wash with cold water and before bed wash with cetaphil and then put on tazorac before i sleep. id like to do something in the morning, but what?

and yea klaron is a sulfide and they can cause steven johnsons syndrome. like 2 out of 105 people can get it and if you have asthma you have a better chance for some reason. i have asthma. so im not screwing with that. acne sucks my living is nice too wink.gif

maybe try salacylic acid in the morning then taz at night. i like sal-acid better than bp. not as harsh on the skin. least for me

Joshua, could you provide a link to evidence that says 2 out of 105 people get Stevens-Johnson syndrome on Klaron?

Taz works diffrently because b.p. only kills the bacteria. I'm pretty sure taz doesn't do that.

But taz you only wear at night, and b.p. can be used in the daytime if your skin can handle it.

Jenn

Taz alone works great. Basically all I use is taz + an antibiotic. Good Luck

go to klaron.com and read that it causes steven johnson, then search on google for klaron side effects and read what comes up

Klaron.com leads to nothing dealing with the klaron topical lotion.

I did get this info from Rxlist.com:

"Only one of 105 patients treated with Klaron Lotion had adverse reactions of erythema, itching and edema." Is that what you're referring to?

If so, then erythema, itching, and edema are waaaay different from stevens-johnson.