Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samwichxo

"She's pretty, but I want a natural beauty"

Ok, here is my little rant that i've been thinking about. one of my girlfriends used to have gorgeous skin.. she never wore makeup, always came out with us camping and boating and all that fun stuff. she recently stopped her BCP and her skin went haywire, kinda like mine, except a lot worse. now she has scars and bumps all over. her not being used to it, she started to wear makeup, as most girls with acne try to do, to make herself a little more presentable.

she went on a date with a guy i know last week and after it was over, i decided to text him to ask how it went. he told me that she was a great girl (which she is) and shes very pretty, but she probably wouldn't look like that in the morning (pig). I asked exactly what the hell that meant and he said "she's pretty, but I want a natural beauty. Ya know, hardly any if no makeup".

then that got me to thinking. i never understood guys that said that. the point of makeup is to give the appearance of flawless, perfect skin when you don't have it. pretty girls WITH makeup chances are WOULD look like that if they actually HAD the flawless, perfect skin. you really think if every girl had gorgeous skin, makeup would have ever been created? no. but not everyone is lucky enough to be perfect or have good genes. if makeup makes someone more confident and displays to the world that that's what they WOULD look like if they had won the genepool lottery, then so be it. why does it matter? ANYONE could be a natural beauty, some people just aren't as lucky as others to have that chance to show it off.

end rant.

Wow. What a jerk. :|

People like that really piss me off. They sit there on their asses talking shit about people, really? Have they nothing better to do than lower themselves like that? Let's see how he would have felt in his place.

Nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid. People will be like that sometimes, until they experience it themselves.

..And it's people like those whom I hope get the worst :mad:

First off that guy is a huge tool, and obviously has zero respect towards women. Being a natural beauty is so rare its hard to even think if I have seen one. Every girl I have dated has not had flawless skin and is usually wearing make up, but i find acne and scars endearing. I never call myself a hypocrite cause I have acne scars and most females I date find them attractive, so why must I judge on a different scale. If your pretty with or without makeup your still pretty, am I right?

Im not defending this guy either but I kind of know where he's coming from.

Some girls wear so much make up it's ridiculous. It's also a little disturbing when a girl looks like a totally different person w/o make up on. When it's over done it gives off a phony vibe.

Whenever I'm flipping through the channels and they are selling cosmetics on QVC they show a before and after picture. Before is w/o makeup and after with. They always say that in the after picture the model looks so much younger and prettier . I always think to myself, "no way," the model looked better in the before picture.

i kinda get where the guy is coming from as well

imo makeup is made for just making the skin look even/flawless but not to change how you whole face looks

like some girls cake on the makeup, make it change their skintone completely, heavy eyeliner etc and it gives them a really artificial look

Especially some girls look like their skin is fine, yet you can see their makeup caked on so heavily and it is kinda off putting. Like they would actually look aloooot better without so much makeup.

No, this guy isn't saying that he prefers the natural look. He said he wants to date someone with flawless skin. You know, the perfect woman who topples out of bed looking like an air-brushed super model. Good luck with that one.

So when does *his* cover for GQ come out? LOL

No, this guy isn't saying that he prefers the natural look. He said he wants to date someone with flawless skin. You know, the perfect woman who topples out of bed looking like an air-brushed super model. Good luck with that one.

Best post ever. LOL!!!!

jesus what a complete arsehole

guys all say things to me about how much foundation i wear on my face

but i wouldnt wear any makeup if i didnt have such hideous spots

i think some girls just wear makeup for the wrong reasons

people like this guy have no understanding whatsoever

stay strong :)

Different men have different tastes I suppose. Some like women all done up, some like them bare-faced. The way he said it wasn't the greatest, but I don't think preferring one type of woman over another makes him inherently an a$$hole.

See, I don't entirely agree. If you asked my husband, he's say that he likes a more natural look too. He loves it when I don't wear makeup, but I definitely don't have air-brushed supermodel skin (or I wouldn't be here).

I think it's all a matter of personal preference, and this guy just likes a certain type of girl. This particular girl wasn't his type.

:clap:

Fantastic. :D

Come on, maybe his first line was a little rough, but I totally get him. Who the heck says natural beauty is flawless skin. He could just mean that he'd rather date someone who looked good (NOT PERFECT) and didn't wear tons of make-up. In my oppinion he wasn't mean. He was honest, and I agree with what he said. Sorry, but I do.

The natural look means no eye shadow, blush, eyeliner or lipstick. Since beauty is subjective, I believe that he already has his idea of what beautiful is. What he wants is a woman who doesn't have to wear make up, and by his standards, your friend is going to be passed over.

I'm sorry your friend was rejected, but that's the way it is on both sides. I agree with you. Women should be allowed to wear make up to feel better about themselves, but there are some men who just prefer a plain face.

Clear skin doesn't necessarily make you a beauty. Like I wrote above, it's all subjectve.

Two comments:

1) Despite whatever rationales are being offered up in this thread as a defense, the guy in question is undeniably a douchebag.

2) I can't imagine that he would text that to anyone- let alone a friend of hers. If one of my friends texted that to me regarding a girl i didn't even know, i would think less of them; the fact he is sending that to you- without hesitation-just shows how inconsiderate he is.

Please tell me you are still in high school.

I understand what these other posters are saying about the whole 'natural beauty' meaning 'non cakey' look. I get that. There are guys who prefer makeup to 'enhance' what you already have. They prefer to not notice that a woman is wearing makeup (even if she is) as opposed to noticing a woman's makeup before you notice the woman. Make sense? In that way, I visually understand what he's talking about... I'm a makeup fanatic, I like the artistic side of makeup and I also like the natural side of make-up (ie: the bare-faced look - bare-faced doesn't mean no makeup, it means makeup that looks like no-makeup).

Unnatural Makeup Photo

Natural Makeup Photo

Obviously the photos above are an exaggeration, but I hope that gets the point across.

Personally I don't think he was talking about 'flawless' skin when he said 'natural'. I just think he noticed the makeup and didn't like noticing makeup.

There are days I've walked out of my own house thinking "man, I know I look unnatural, I caked on makeup to hide my breakouts". Sometimes I wonder if it's just better walking out in public without makeup on because of it.. whichever is the lesser of two evils is usually what I decide upon to spare myself of public scrutiny.

In any case if this guy is chasing for an image of a perfect girl, rest assured he will fail cause that's impossible. I think he may have used the 'natural' thing as an excuse because he might not have just been that into her. It's either that or he really is a superficial guy. Whichever it was, ultimately she's too good of a person for that kind of guy, so I wouldn't consider it a lost if I were her.

"How was the date?"

"It was okay. She's not a natural beauty"

Does his answer not sound ludicrous to anyone?? I'm not sure how you guys can defend him. He's basing how the_date_went on whether she's a natural beauty. The question is not "how does she look to you?" His answer reveals shows what he values, and it's clearly not personality. So he's either a complete ass, or he is using the natural thing as an excuse, like the poster above said.

Two comments:

1) Despite whatever rationales are being offered up in this thread as a defense, the guy in question is undeniably a douchebag.

2) I can't imagine that he would text that to anyone- let alone a friend of hers. If one of my friends texted that to me regarding a girl i didn't even know, i would think less of them; the fact he is sending that to you- without hesitation-just shows how inconsiderate he is.

i wish.. im 21. she's 19 and he's 20. the two of us used to be best friends but we grew apart after high school but still kept in touch a lot, which is why i figured he told me that. or it could be because he is so shallow and inconsiderate and is waiting for that "perfect" girl.. he's in for a big surprise.

Two comments:

i wish.. im 21. she's 19 and he's 20. the two of us used to be best friends but we grew apart after high school but still kept in touch a lot, which is why i figured he told me that. or it could be because he is so shallow and inconsiderate and is waiting for that "perfect" girl.. he's in for a big surprise.

Well, that does atleast make it clear why he felt comfortable sharing that with you. Of course, it does nothing to explain why on earth he thought it was a legitimate point. Sigh... it is a generic and overused phrase, but your friend probably is better off in the long run without wasting further time with this tool.

"How was the date?"

"It was okay. She's not a natural beauty"

Does his answer not sound ludicrous to anyone?? I'm not sure how you guys can defend him. He's basing how the_date_went on whether she's a natural beauty. The question is not "how does she look to you?" His answer reveals shows what he values, and it's clearly not personality. So he's either a complete ass, or he is using the natural thing as an excuse, like the poster above said.

agreed.

If the guy and the girl actually had a great connection, I'm pretty sure the guy would be willing to look past the make up. Good luck finding a "natural beauty"... I have yet to see one. *shakes head* That sounds shallow.

If that was really the guy's first comment about the girl it does show that he is kinda superficial. Why not say hey we didnt really had alot of things in common therefore she isnt my type... IF they did hit it off then he could perhaps look through the whole makeup issue but considering that the makeup was his first reaction... it just shows that he values that more than how a person is. But I dont think you can blame him he just knows what he likes and for him there are 10 other guys who would like your friend!

Just curious did your girlfriend liked the guy after the date?

guys are so weird..they will ogle girls with full blown makeup, as in thick eyemakeup, foundation, everything! But then they will go "i prefer "natural" beauty". What the hell is natural beauty? People dye their hair, style their hair, groom their brows and work out. How is that natural?

Guys would never know the addiction of makeup lol..it's a double edged sword, it gives confidence but also strips one of confidence. I look good with makeup on a good skin day but I would think "that guy wouldn't be interested if I am bare faced"

Looks and being attracted to someone are clearly one of the most important aspects of a relationship. He obviously didn't find her attractive - maybe because she wears lots of makeup. One thing I can't stand is girls being caked in make up or even being able to see makeup. It's fine if it's to cover up acne or something else that would obviously impact their confidence. My ex used to do a fair amount before nights out an d it drove me mad. She was trying to look good and in others she probably looked better than normal, in my eyes though she looked worse.