Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jillie86

can i finish left over accutane pills?

hey guys i finished accutance about a year ago and after 7 months or so my hormonal acne came back. I have about a months worth of accutane left and was wondering if it would be okay to take this months worth because I really dont want to go on a second course of accutane. I have also been diagnosed with PCOS (which now i can finally know why i get acne) so i will be starting a birth control which could hopefully clear up my acne. I am scared to get an IB from the BC so i want to take the low 20 mg of accutane for about a month. Is this a bad idea. I am starting to be so so self consioucs about my acne again. *sigh*

I am scared to get an IB from the BC so i want to take the low 20 mg of accutane for about a month. Is this a bad idea. I am starting to be so so self consioucs about my acne again. *sigh*

Accutane may also cause an IB, and since you won't be continuing treatment past a month your skin might end up worse than it is now. Go back to your derm, a 2nd course may be in order, or he could prescribe a topical along with birth control. You won't know until you ask.

I am scared to get an IB from the BC so i want to take the low 20 mg of accutane for about a month. Is this a bad idea. I am starting to be so so self consioucs about my acne again. *sigh*

Accutane may also cause an IB, and since you won't be continuing treatment past a month your skin might end up worse than it is now. Go back to your derm, a 2nd course may be in order, or he could prescribe a topical along with birth control. You won't know until you ask.

ugh yea he does think that I should go on a 2nd course but I am really trying to avoid this because I know accutane alone wont cure my acne..it is hormonal and will only be cured or treated with BC. I never had an IB with accutane the 1st time around so that is why im thinking i may not this time around. Who knows though...im just desperate because I dont want an accutane round 2 because it really caused impaired vision problems...im trying to go to med school so i also dont want to hinder anything mentally

ugh yea he does think that I should go on a 2nd course but I am really trying to avoid this because I know accutane alone wont cure my acne..it is hormonal and will only be cured or treated with BC. I never had an IB with accutane the 1st time around so that is why im thinking i may not this time around. Who knows though...im just desperate because I dont want an accutane round 2 because it really caused impaired vision problems...im trying to go to med school so i also dont want to hinder anything mentally

Please talk to your derm about another round (regular or low dose) if you're considering taking more. You need to be under a doctor's care because it's dangerous to self medicate with this stuff.