Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm LOVING tazorac, it's gotten my skin clear, but i do notice that when i forget to apply it for a day or two i'll get a couple of little zits...if you use this for a LONG time (as in two or three years) is your skin eventually "healed?" i'm just wondering because everyone in my immediate family had pretty bad acne into their late twenties, and i've kind of always wanted to have a family while i'm still young, and if i wanted to do that i'd have to stop using tazorac once my future husband and i start "trying" (teeheehee) because it's a category X tetratogen even in a topical form...not planning on any of this happeneing anytime soon, just curious, lol. i'm very future-oriented.

Unfortunately I don't feel tazorac is a long term solution for acne. While it may work very well while you're on it, oftentimes people tend to break out immediately or usually a few months after stopping. If you happen to "grow out" of acne in the time being then that would be coincidence I think. I could be wrong, but I personally feel (and I use them even) that retinoids are not an end-all cure for acne by any means. They're only strong enough to prevent while using.

I'm just too worried about taking accutane :P

I want to know the same thing about Tazorac. I'm 31 and have been dealing wit acne for close to 20 years. The only thing that ever worked for me was a course of accutane about 10 years ago. I was completely cleared up for over a year and then the acne slowly came back. I went to dermatologist a month or so ago for a skin check and finally asked what they could do for my acne. I really wanted them to just prescibe a course of accutane but they wouldn't. Said my acne was severe enough and my insurance wouldn't pay or it. They tried to give me antibiotics but i wasn't interested. So they prescribed Taz cream 1%. I've been using it for almost three week and I'm having regular breakouts. I hope to stick with it to see if it will work, but I really dont want to use it for the next ten years until I "grow out" of my acne. I'm interested in hearing others who have used Taz long term to see if any of the resuts are permanent, or just another temporary solution like most the other topicals.

i have had acne for a couple years and it was really got to me. i hate swimming cause then my foundation will come off. i mean i don't think my acne is too terrible, but sometimes i just break down and cry when i look in the mirror. sometimes i just want to know what i will look like without it. i have not really talked to somebody about my acne, and i just made an account today. so i have no idea how to do anything on here or add friends or anything. could you help?

i have had acne for a couple years and it was really got to me. i hate swimming cause then my foundation will come off. i mean i don't think my acne is too terrible, but sometimes i just break down and cry when i look in the mirror. sometimes i just want to know what i will look like without it. i have not really talked to somebody about my acne, and i just made an account today. so i have no idea how to do anything on here or add friends or anything. could you help?

girl, whether you need help with the site or with life in general, message me

Hi I'm new to this place. But I have been on the same medication as you so can you help me out. Well to start off I put it on my face everyday with a Tazorac 0.1 cream at night and am I allowed to use cream on my face before applying Tazorac because I am confused? & did Tazorac clear up your face completely? Pls tell me. :)