Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
X3Kell3X

Gentle Cleansers that WILL remove makeup

Okay im on accutane so my skin is sensitive. Right now i Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. When i was using Bareminerals and Everyday minerals all i had to do was wash my face with cetaphil and it would come right off. (at least i think it did) However, as my skin got drier on accutane i decieded to switch to Almost Powder from Clinique and now a simple Cetaphil wash isn't enough... Any ideas on a different cleanser thats gentle that removes makeup better??? i don't want any thing that fights acne like Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. That kind of stuff. Its too much while im on accutane. So let me know ur suggestions on getting that stubborn makeup off! i hate thinking im going to bed with makeup still on my skin.. Also, this may sound dumb but how do u know FOR SURE that all the makeup has been removed.. Just wondering. So let me know!!! Thankss

Okay im on accutane so my skin is sensitive. Right now i Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. When i was using Bareminerals and Everyday minerals all i had to do was wash my face with cetaphil and it would come right off. (at least i think it did) However, as my skin got drier on accutane i decieded to switch to Almost Powder from Clinique and now a simple Cetaphil wash isn't enough... Any ideas on a different cleanser thats gentle that removes makeup better??? i don't want any thing that fights acne like Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. That kind of stuff. Its too much while im on accutane. So let me know ur suggestions on getting that stubborn makeup off! i hate thinking im going to bed with makeup still on my skin.. Also, this may sound dumb but how do u know FOR SURE that all the makeup has been removed.. Just wondering. So let me know!!! Thankss

Simple moisturising cleansing lotion. I love this product. Removes make up really well and as it's a lotion it doesn't dry your skin. If your not a fan of lotions Simple do a moisturising wash too. All their range is very kind to the skin.

Cetaphil NEVER removed my makeup. I use Purpose Facial Cleanser and it's similar to Cetaphil as it's soap-free but it foams up and removes all my makeup.

As far as knowing when all the makeup is off, I can definitely tell just by the way my skin feels and looks.

Oil cleansers work well too for dissolving makeup. Silk Naturals has a great Apricot oil one which has received rave reviews. I heard it washes off clean with no oily residue :)

I first wipe my face with extra virgin olive oil, then I cleanse with the cleansing grains from Faerieorganic.com.

I love the cleansing grains. It's completely all natural, and it has a lot of soothing ingredients like goats milk and lavender buds and chamomille. It comes in a powder form, and you add a few drops of water to make a paste.

You can use it as a mask too too and your skin becomes moisturized afterwards

I wash with Cetaphil and use Loreal eye makeup remover on a cotton ball all over my face. It should remove makeup as long as it's not too stubborn. It's oil-free and never clogs my pores nor dries/irritates my skin.

I use MAC cleansing oil which I think is awesome. You massage the oil on and then when it gets in contact with water it turns into a kind of cleanser. But I still use purpose gentle cleanser after to make sure all if off.

I tried Purpose cleanser and it dried out my face so much I had to stop using it. :(

yeah im trying it right now. its making my skin dry too. i think ill just use it whenever i have to take off makeup and use cetaphil every other time.

yeah im trying it right now. its making my skin dry too. i think ill just use it whenever i have to take off makeup and use cetaphil every other time.

That's a good idea. Cetaphil is fine as a cleanser, but not if you're wearing makeup. For you, using it like in the morning would be great and then using Purpose at night to remove makeup would work. That's why it's nice having input from people but then customizing it to your own skin/life. Good luck!

That's a good idea. Cetaphil is fine as a cleanser, but not if you're wearing makeup. For you, using it like in the morning would be great and then using Purpose at night to remove makeup would work. That's why it's nice having input from people but then customizing it to your own skin/life. Good luck!

Exactly!! thanks guys. this site is great!

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm on my 2nd week of Accutane and have continued to use Neutrogena Gentle Makeup remover cloths to remove my bare minerals foundation at the end of the day, but it's starting to sting!

In addition to the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser (which is white-ish in color), there is also Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (which is clear), which is exactly the same gentle cleanser but also removes makeup. I dont know if all drug stores carry it, but I used to use it months ago and it worked just great, so I think I'll be trying it again. Purpose dried my skin out too!

Im getting so paranoid that my makeup isn't completely off.. and thats why im on my fifth month of accutane and still breaking out. Any advice?

Guest veganwithacne
Im getting so paranoid that my makeup isn't completely off.. and thats why im on my fifth month of accutane and still breaking out. Any advice?

I use jojoba oil to remove my makeup. I wet my face then put a few drops of jojoba in my hand and rub it on my face first and then my eye makeup. Once everything looks loosened up I wash it off with soap. It gets everything off without scrubbing and then you can use any cleanser you want.

Great to use unless you wear contacts : )

yeah i use jojoba in my moisturizer but that is another product im afraid is breaking me out. Im going to go off of it for a week and see what happens. I just gotta make sure thats not it. Im hoping its not...

have u heard of Dermalogica precleanse? i just read some reviews on MUA and it sounds pretty good. Another cause could be that im not getting all my makeup off. But for now ill stop Jojoba to see if thats it and ill look into the cleansing oil.

yeah i use jojoba in my moisturizer but that is another product im afraid is breaking me out. Im going to go off of it for a week and see what happens. I just gotta make sure thats not it. Im hoping its not...

I feel greasy with the jojoba oil mixed with the moisturizer --- have you tried using the jojoba oil alone on a cotton pad to remove makeup? I pour a little jojoba oil on a cotton pad and let it "sit" on more stubborn eye makeup then gently wipe off the eyes then face. Then I wash with Cetaphil, pat dry, then immediately apply a thin layer of jojoba oil to my face before the BP (which comes 10 min later). The oil looks greasy at first, but it absorbs pretty easily and I don't use much; 2 drops on each cheek and forehead, 1 drop on each nose and chin. My skin has never been softer or smoother since using the jojoba oil and no flaky dry skin!