Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dani12

How long does it take to get over using differin!?

I used Differin for a week and broke out pretty badly. I stopped using it two days ago because it looks as if I have chicken pox! While using the Differin, I would get white heads that could easily be removed. Normally, they wouldn't even leave a mark, but with the differin my face bruised and the marks became red. I just want to know how long it takes for the marks and scabs from differin usage to go away.

usually anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 weeks... stay patient it works!

yeah i second that. if you really want results stick with it. it'll take a long time but it does the job better than anything i know. if you are not shy about using Benzoyl Peroxide then you can add that to use in the mornings since differin does not work well in sunlight. it will dry the whiteheads faster. are you sure washing your face with water alone is working. i get the rationale of avoiding chemicals but what about dirt and oil. glycolic acid alone might not be enough. good luck then. if you stay indoors a lot you might even want to use the differin day and night. trust me it speeds up the process.