Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkerBoi2007

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion??

I was just wondering why CeraVe Moisturizing Lotionis not mentioned in the suggested list of moisturizers.

I have tried out quite a few moisturizers on the list (Neutrogena, Lac-hydrin, Cetaphil)

and am currently using Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion. (yeah, greasy and thick..but it works fine for me concerning flakes and redness)

I checked out the treatment reviews for CeraVe Moisturizing Lotionand it looks very impressive! Great feedback, good agreeability and satisfactory results. It seems to a be a little expensive, priced between $12-$15.But almost every user has a positive reply in the review.

So what are your opinions?

I'm really looking out for a non-greasy moisturizer which takes care of flakes, redness and the added shine.

I know I could very well just buy it and check it out myself..lol..but I've spent a lot of money already buying a lot of different products trying to find the best picks.

I would really appreciate all your replies.

yeah i was wondering the same thing.. I might just buy it, use it for a few days and if i dont like it return it.

Its amazing! i love it. i used to use neutrogena for sensitive skin which was wayyy better than cetaphil. Cetaphil made me shiny and gross. But then i went on accutane and neutrogena wasn't enough so i tried CeraVe. I love it. the consistancy is nice and it doesn't make u red or shiny. Its supposed to restore your skin barrier as well. It calms my skin down. I have to use alot of it, but it never makes my skin feel heavy or greasy. try it out! its hard to find, try a drug store like CVS or walgreens. i haven't heard the greatest things about its cleanser but the moisturizer is worth it.

Hope that helps. And i know how u feel about the money thing. But i would give it a shot.

CeraVe is a moisturizer which, imo, is fine to use with the Regimen. The reason it isn't on the list is because I don't think Dan ever tried/used it.

The list is all products we have personally used and know will work with the Regimen. There are probably plenty of products that would work well, but we only recommend the one's which have personally been used successfully.

I've been using CeraVe's moisturizing cream for months now and my skin loves it. I usually use it at night and cetaphil moisturizing lotion during the day. I went up north to the cabin last weekend and only packed cetaphil. Well, my skin wasn't looking as fabulous as it has been. So I can definitely vouch for its effectiveness.

Thank you so much for all the input you guys!

I bought a new bottle of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion just last week, so its going to be a while for another moisturizer..lol(these bottles are huge!)

1)kk95-It would be much appreciated if you could check out the moisturizer and get back to this thread, posting about your experience.

And how is it that if you dont like it, you return it? I dont get money-back guarantees at my pharmacy.

2)X3Kell3X-I guess your another happy customer,:clap: Is it true that the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion lends a matte effect after application?

As I mentioned before, I'm really looking for something with little or no added shine.

3)Brandy-Firstly,WOW! I got Brandy to answer my question..lol(I've seen all your Youtube comments answering peoples questions on be-half of Dan.)

Why don't you guys try out the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion too? Its got so many good reviews and in comparison to the Cetaphil moisturizers isnt the former a better pick?

4)MickeyJuice-Thank you for the input.

I use the CeraVe Cleanser & it's the best cleanser I've ever tried (and I've tried at least 20+)...so I'd imagine the lotion would be up to par.

I bought a new bottle of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion just last week, so its going to be a while for another moisturizer..lol(these bottles are huge!)

1)kk95-It would be much appreciated if you could check out the moisturizer and get back to this thread, posting about your experience.

And how is it that if you dont like it, you return it? I dont get money-back guarantees at my pharmacy.

2)X3Kell3X-I guess your another happy customer,:clap: Is it true that the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion lends a matte effect after application?

As I mentioned before, I'm really looking for something with little or no added shine.

3)Brandy-Firstly,WOW! I got Brandy to answer my question..lol(I've seen all your Youtube comments answering peoples questions on be-half of Dan.)

Why don't you guys try out the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion too? Its got so many good reviews and in comparison to the Cetaphil moisturizers isnt the former a better pick?

I go to CVS and atleast at mine you are able to return products like moisturizers. I'm pretty sure you need the receipt. I bought the Cerave moisturizing lotion yesterday, and i used it right away, which i probably shouldn't have since it was 4 pm, lol. Well it didnt make my face shiny or greasy at all ! It was great.. but than at night again when i used it, i did have a bit of a shine, and i am guessing it was because the bp wasnt absorbed all the way. I used it again this morning, still a bit of shine, but i was in a rush so i couldn't take awhile inbetween steps. I got home about 3 and half hours later..a few flakes. Of course it's possible i could have missed a few spots though. Although with my old moisturizer which was either Neutrogena oil free moisture or cetaphil with spf.. i would add lots of jojoba oil.. and still not get rid of flakes. When i did that my face was extremely shiny for awhile but overtime it would dry out to look sort of normal. I am going to stick with Cerave, since it is my favorite so far and gets great reviews. I guess im just not happy with my skin..a few red marks, red areas, and im still not clear. But i bet if i was completely clear and no red areas i would be perfectly happy with how my skin is after this moisturizer !! I will write back if i see any changes in my skin regarding this moisturizer. :)

well whenever you put WAYY to much moisturzier on your skin will look shiny. But if you put just the right amount on you'll be fine. I really like the way it feels on my skin. It isn't thick or creamy or greasy. It seems to have a nice water consistancy instead. I would try it.

I go to CVS and atleast at mine you are able to return products like moisturizers. I'm pretty sure you need the receipt. I bought the Cerave moisturizing lotion yesterday, and i used it right away, which i probably shouldn't have since it was 4 pm, lol. Well it didnt make my face shiny or greasy at all ! It was great.. but than at night again when i used it, i did have a bit of a shine, and i am guessing it was because the bp wasnt absorbed all the way. I used it again this morning, still a bit of shine, but i was in a rush so i couldn't take awhile inbetween steps. I got home about 3 and half hours later..a few flakes. Of course it's possible i could have missed a few spots though. Although with my old moisturizer which was either Neutrogena oil free moisture or cetaphil with spf.. i would add lots of jojoba oil.. and still not get rid of flakes. When i did that my face was extremely shiny for awhile but overtime it would dry out to look sort of normal. I am going to stick with Cerave, since it is my favorite so far and gets great reviews. I guess im just not happy with my skin..a few red marks, red areas, and im still not clear. But i bet if i was completely clear and no red areas i would be perfectly happy with how my skin is after this moisturizer !! I will write back if i see any changes in my skin regarding this moisturizer. :)

well whenever you put WAYY to much moisturzier on your skin will look shiny. But if you put just the right amount on you'll be fine. I really like the way it feels on my skin. It isn't thick or creamy or greasy. It seems to have a nice water consistancy instead. I would try it.

Everyone mentions Jojoba oil on this website and im still REALLY confused on what it is. The whole "oil" part sorta throws me off too

Jojoba oil is oil. It's just non comedogenic and Dan says it actually might be beneficial to acne prone skin. You can add it to your moisturizer so it gets rid of flakes(didnt work for me) and to make it more moisturizing. I like to use it sometimes at night before i wash my face to loosen up leftover bp and stuff.

Everyone mentions Jojoba oil on this website and im still REALLY confused on what it is. The whole "oil" part sorta throws me off too

Jojoba oil is oil. It's just non comedogenic and Dan says it actually might be beneficial to acne prone skin. You can add it to your moisturizer so it gets rid of flakes(didnt work for me) and to make it more moisturizing. I like to use it sometimes at night before i wash my face to loosen up leftover bp and stuff.

jojoba oil is not technically an "oil" but rather a wax ester that is liquid at room temp. because it is not a triglyceride it is non-comodagenic AKA its not an oil so it wont give u zits

Ok!!Cera Ve it is...lol

I dont mind a little shine, but what i get from Cetaphil is greasy,sticky and shiny.

And kk95, you know your right. I enquired with my local pharmacy and they allow money-backs

if I'm not satisfied with OTC products, but within a time frame of a week.

I was just..not..well..informed, :shifty:

Considering Ho-Ho bah..lol *does'nt it sound so Hawaiian..like hula hula with jojoba*

I hav'nt really given it a try, although I did buy it, probably because I'm not comfortable

with the idea of any extra oil on my face! But I guess I would have to use it eventually, with

the Olay SPF I bought, because I've heards reviews of the SPF not taking care of flakiness well enough.*dont really need SPF in this weather out here*

This is kind of random, but Meow Meow Hiss are you like a chemical engineer?

wax esters and triglycerides..wow..I look upto you *I'm gonna be a chem engg in 2 more years. :cool:*

Do i use too many *...* sentences?

*The Hawaiian jojoba thing was pretty lame as I think of it now*

I was wondering the exact same thing! In the end, I decided to buy the Olay SPF moisturizer on Dan's list just to be safe. I bought the Jojoba oil too because of the whole flakiness thing I heard. If you decide on using it, let me know how it works, I might switch to it.(:

CeraVe is the only kind of moisturizer I can use without breaking out. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist.

CeraVe lotion is definitely less greasy than Dan's moisturizer, like someone else mentioned, if you put too much then it always leaves you greasy...but i think sometimes you do need a lot, especially with people on here who use products that may be drying. That being said, you could end up a bit shiny. I still use it at night because it is gentle and softens you skin some...but during the day i like Aveeno's SPF 15 Facial Moisturizer. It is very moisturizing, has sun protection, and a thin layer is all i need, with Cerave, sometimes a thin layer still leaves my skin feeling dry, so i need more, which leads to greasiness.....i think it's like a dollar or two less than Cerave, for about the same size..