Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xab

mandelic or salicylic acid?

i have some blackheads on my nose but also alot of scarred pores and some redness. Would mandelic or salicylic acid not only help get rid of the blackheads ( which are quite mild) but also help lessen the redness and make the pores tighter?

Im trying mandelic acid the 10% alcohol free version and so far so good. I have HUGE pores and it has not made a difference in size yet but I"m going very slowing with the product. It seems to have slowed up my pores slightly in that they havent been getting as clogged. They are still jammed with stuff every day but not as much. I use it every other day and i'm spott treating several areas.

Thanks for the reply. can you tell me where you bought the acid from and also by huge pores do you mean scarred pores?

Guest missyjean130

I can't find hardly any info on mandelic acid...can anyone remedy this?

All you hear about is TCA,phenol,salicylic,glycolic,and lactic...but this mandelic stuff makes me curious =/

Mandelic acid is a VERY gentle AHA. I have used Nucelle mandelic acid serum with pretty good results. You have to start out slow to avoid peeling, but once your skin adjusts it makes everything very smooth. I would definitely recommend it, even though it wasn't enough to "cure" my acne.