Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i had completely clear skin about 5 months ago...then suddenly i broke out like crazy and practically became a hermit for the past month. as a muslim, i generally turn to god when i feel really helpless...so after trying practically everything except accutane with few results, i prayed. and it's gotten much better. i think it gave me some inner peace. i just wish it would go away completely. i'm tired of scars.

Acne proves there is no such thing as God. No God in his right fucking mind would create a pointless skin condition like acne.

God created us in His image, it is sin that caused the world to be corrupted and be full of diseases and plagues, acne being one of them.

God bless you, threadstarter. I also prayed to God about my acne, when I felt hopeless that it will ever recover. Now, only 6 months later, my acne is mostly gone thanks to Accutane (low dose) Now it is only the scars that are left..

But the battle against acne is still ongoing for me. My course of accutane finishes next month, and who knows what will happen.. :pray::pray: *prays hard*

Wish u all the best.

God/Allah works in mysterious ways. He sometimes works in ways that seem to make no sense when the poor and innocent suffer. Acne seems to be that way, but it just isn't.

It's medical, heredity, and everything along those lines. It sucks. But prayer never hurt anyone (except Ancient Roman Christians and 20th Century Jews who have been persecuted for prayer and their beliefs), in fact, I used to pray to God for guidance with my acne.

I will never underestimate the power of God, the power of prayer and positive thinking. Acne is simply a disease with a physiological cause, nothing more, but it has been proven over and over that the power of prayer can in some cases overcome diseases far more serious than acne (acne is one of the cruelest diseases but certainly not the most serious in terms of physiological damage, the effect is far more psychological in many respects).

Never give up on God as God (Allah, Yahweh, Supreme Intelligence of the Universe etc.) truly does move in mysterious ways. Why prayer works in some cases and not in others is simply beyond human understanding.

Peace and blessings to all,

Joe Zit

You can't say that there is no God because you have problematic skin. From personal experience i KNOW that acne IS a major stumbling block in life and it can compare to many issues that create low self esteem and antisocial behaviour but still, look at the extremes in this world where people are being massacred and dehumanized day by day, it should help to put things into perspective. Saying that however, we have to do what we can to fight acne and we can't just pray to God that it will all get better. I guess we have to deal with all of life's challanges :)

Acne proves there is no such thing as God. No God in his right fucking mind would create a pointless skin condition like acne.

I like your thoughts on religion, however, even though I am not religious (I guess you could call me spiritual if anything), I believe that if there is God, he would want us to learn how to overcome many different hardships, and possibly only those who do would be rewarded beyond this life. Sorry, I just find it very interesting and couldn't resist replying.

If I was still in the middle of my acne hell I would totally agree with you.

But now looking back I have come to understand that acne is a blessing. It is your body's way of telling you that the way you are living, eating, thinking is not beneficial to your body. It is an indicator that you need to change before something worse happens to your body.

So I completely understand why acne exists.

K

But now looking back I have come to understand that acne is a blessing. It is your body's way of telling you that the way you are living, eating, thinking is not beneficial to your body. It is an indicator that you need to change before something worse happens to your body.

K

Blessing is not the right choice of words.

I would gladly give up that "blessing" any time. Bless me with something else, i dont want this one.

K

Blessing is not the right choice of words.

I would gladly give up that "blessing" any time. Bless me with something else, i dont want this one.

Fair enough, it may only be a blessing in my experience =)

Acne caused me to stop alot of things that if I continued possibly would have ruined my life or killed me (smoking, alcohol, drugs) and it led me to many things which have enriched my life beyond belief (meditation, mental attitude, proper diet etc.)

So to me it was a blessing and hopefully once you overcome acne you may see it the same way.

K

Make no mistake,

Acne is NO blessing. Acne is a disease, a curse, and a disability.

"God created us in His image, it is sin that caused the world to be corrupted and be full of diseases and plagues, acne being one of them."

Your man in the sky created sin.

"God/Allah works in mysterious ways. He sometimes works in ways that seem to make no sense when the poor and innocent suffer. Acne seems to be that way, but it just isn't."

Bullshit. The concept of God makes no sense. There is no all-powerful, all-wise man in the sky who makes a million mistakes each day.

"Why prayer works in some cases and not in others is simply beyond human understanding."

Bullshit. Humans with brains know why prayer 'sometimes' works. It's because there is no man in the sky that answers beggars. Prayer 'sometimes' works because people pray for shit that has a chance of happening anyway. You can pray all you want regarding acne. But when you're finally clear thirty years in the future, it's because acne went away on its own, not because God decided to stop being a lazy ass.

"You can't say that there is no God because you have problematic skin."

Absolutely correct. I can say there is no God because many people have problematic skin. I can say there is no God because many people have worse problems. I can say there is no God because great people always encounter misfortune. I can say there is no God because cheaters do prosper. You're right I can't say there is no God because I have problematic skin. I can say there is no God for a million other reasons.

"Sorry, I just find it very interesting and couldn't resist replying. "

It certainly is a very interesting topic to talk about. Personally, I like seeing if people have given ONE SECOND of their life to actually critically think about what they believe it.

Alright.. i was religious but when i had problems like acne & etc + rational thinking.. I am antheist but My acne teaches me a lot of things though.. that there are people who doesnt make second thoughts in humiliating others.. though i was not humiliated before.. And i know that it better to love tthose people who could love individuals without looking but seeing..

Lets not discuss religion.. nobody will ever win,. it is not because both parties can;t understand what the other is saying, thay just simply don't/wont..

:dance: common!.. the battle continues.. we are soldiers here.. and acne is our mortal enemy.. lol

Good people suffer on Earth and bad people suffer after death. I know it doesn't always apply, but it makes sense to me.

I am antheist

One thing is for certain, there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

I am antheist

One thing is for certain, there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords.

lol, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I am antheist

Yeah that was a pretty unfortunate spelling error. XD

I, too, am an atheist. As such, I admit my eye twitches a bit when I hear things like prayer healing acne. However, as someone else here said, it is acne that is the enemy here. If you feel you want to fight it with prayer, hey, whatever works for you right?

And for the atheists out there who disagree with them, let us remember that the placebo effect is a very strong thing. :)

Here's to inner peace!

I am a Christian, but I generally think it would be far too easy to just pray away all your issues. Like when people pray "God, please let me pass this math test." Sorry, that's just an easy way out, and if I were God, I don't think I'd appreciate being used that way. ;)

I can see asking God for guidance in bettering your acne, finding peace about it and self esteem, but praying for your acne to magically stop or decrease? Just seems too convenient. :cool:

I must add, however-- if you really believed hard enough and trusted God enough to heal your acne, I don't doubt that is possible. I think positive thinking can cure many people of many things. But it's pretty rare.

I am a Christian, but I generally think it would be far too easy to just pray away all your issues. Like when people pray "God, please let me pass this math test." Sorry, that's just an easy way out, and if I were God, I don't think I'd appreciate being used that way. ;)

I can see asking God for guidance in bettering your acne, finding peace about it and self esteem, but praying for your acne to magically stop or decrease? Just seems too convenient. :cool:

I must add, however-- if you really believed hard enough and trusted God enough to heal your acne, I don't doubt that is possible. I think positive thinking can cure many people of many things. But it's pretty rare.

Very sensible.

See, what I never understand is...

Religious people all believe bad things happen to good people as a result of "God's plan." "Oh, don't worry about it! It's in God's mysterious, illogical plan!"

Well, if God has a pre-determined, all-powerful plan, why do people pray at all? Isn't prayer asking God to deviate from his plan? Why would he deviate from it if he is all-knowing and never makes mistakes?