Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amanda1234

Scars after Accutane!!! What can I do?? *PIC INSIDE!!!*

Hello everyone!

I am pleased to announce that after the completion of accutane in late March, I haven't had a single break out. However, accutane has left scars on my cheeks (as you can tell from the pic!). Its even worse when in the light and with no make up.

I know you're supposed to wait a year before doing laser on the face, but what can I do in the meantime???? Are my scars ice-pick scars????

Thank you for all your help!!!

post-83160-1247639785_thumb.jpg

post-83160-1247639785_thumb.jpg

My dermo told me that one thing that helps is doing a scrub once every week or every two weeks slowly sloughs off the skin and in time will make scars seem less noticeable.

(oh and it has to be a gentle one, I use the apricot scrub from Wal Mart)

You can try some mild exfoliation and try getting a topical retinoid from your derm such as Retin-A or differin.

AHA works well. :-) Use the kind you can apply every day or every other day. It can eliminate light scarring.

If AHA and Retin-A are way too harsh for your skin, then you might like to give PHA (Polyhydroxy Acid) a try. It is gentle compare to most chemical exfoliation treatments.

Definitely get a tube of aha+. You can buy it on this website. It works wonders. Use is 3 nights a week as a moisturizer after you wash and you will notice your scars fading and your skin becoming more smooth.

Listen to your skin. If it gives you a sign that AHA is way too harsh then give PHA a try. No point forcing your skin to adapt to harsh skincare products. It will only make it worst.

So is this PHA and AHA stuff strictly for people with acne scars? I don't have any pimples at all and I need something that works only for scars