Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Christinefr28

New to the Regimen-Need help and support!!

Hi, my name is Christine and I'm 28 years old. I've had breakouts since the age of 12 but from virtually 19-27 my skin was clear except for the occasional monthly cylce pimple here and there. However, that has all changed in the last 4 months. I have never in my life has so many pimples!! It's so hard to deal with waking up every morning and to find yet another one as many of you can agree. My chin looks horrible!!

I used Proactive with success, and when I felt my skin had built a resistance to it I tried so many different products. I found this site from my favorite website Makeupgallery.com. it has so many reviews I decided to give it a try. So that's where I am.

I started my at home version of the regimen last Monday, July 6th.

Morning: Wash with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

Neutrogena On the Spot BP

Olay Complete SPF 15 Sensitive Mosturizer with 2-3 drops of Dessert Essence JoJoba Oil

Night: Same as above.

I'm going to give this regimen 1 month. If it does not work I will then purchase Dan's starter kit.

I know I'm only a week into it, and although I know it takes a couple of weeks to even months to see results, all I'm see are new white heads, and ugly large painful pimples in places I had never before broken out in. The breakouts got so severe I did not attend my recent 10 year high school reunion.

Please help and advise. I have scanned the boards and think I have a good handle on this, but then I walk by a mirror and feel like I'm doing everything wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, any help would be greatly appreciated

From what iv'e been reading is that the main thing with the regimen is making sure you follow it spot-on. And the second thing is not to quit to early, And third that you use the right products.

The products you are using are good so nothing to worry about there, however using Dan's products will give you better bang for your buck. And as long as your following it correctly then you will be sweet.

It sounds like your just going through a "purging process" ( i think its called ) so you will be getting quite a few zits popping up here and there to get all the "gunk" out of your skin.. I was the same through my first month of the regimen, very up and down. But after a while you start seeing very consistent results. Hang in there!

Blanz is right. You may very well be purging. I did when I started The Regimen too, and it freaked me out a little, but I've been on The Regimen for over a year now, and I love it.

It can be kind of rough in the beginning, when you're purging and your skin is adjusting to the BP, but in a few months, it'll all have settled down, and things will be much better. Just be patient and keep your chin up. : )

Thank you both for your words of encouragment. I'm doing my best to avoid picking as I am a picker.. if I see a whitehead the first thing that comes to mind is popping that lil sucker....I am noticing that they don't last as long and I'm keep up with it. Thanks again.. will post pictures soon!!!